I have been reading the old posts on here and I noticed phrases like, "waiting for my ship to come in", "waiting for the big day", and "my share".  The tone of the older discussions seem to be ones of anticipation and excitement.  So tell me, did your "ship come in"?  How do you feel about the choices you made with the proceeds?  Was it life changing for you?  Looking back, do you wish you would have done something differently either with the money or with the lease?  Are royalties everything the landman promised?  

Personally, I inherited mineral rights from my grandparents that I didn't know about until the landman contacted me - so it is basically snowflake money.  I have less than 10 net acres total over a couple of different counties but the bonus I received for leased acres alone was a life changer for me.  With it I was able to pay off debt (and some bad decisions :) ), put some away in an emergency fund and take a little (much needed) vacation.  I think I have made the right choices so far but only time will tell.  None of my leases have turned into wells yet, and I am ok if they don't because if they are going to be drilled, I'd rather wait until prices come up.

I hope this isn't too personal or intrusive, I just like hearing other people's stories.

-EM

Views: 11312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you need to go back to page 2 of these replies and see that Joseph started the taunting

Permalink Reply by Joseph-Ohio on Saturday

So they say to you I guess and you say say to us.

Whoopeedoopee for you and them.

Doesn't mean squat to me and mine.

Say, are you braggin' or complainin' ?

Roflmao.
this thread was started to tell of your good fortune.....but as soon as I did he came taunting me because it didn't mean squat to him

I don't think so MURPHDAWG.

Your's started much earlier.

And you will recall I told you much earlier that I was very happy to hear of your good fortune and wished you luck along with all of us. And I still am happy for your good fortune and continue to wish you and the rest of us luck.

My memory is not selective nor is it confined to any one individual post / reply.

All of my remarks within this conversation were and are delivered in a good natured spirit. Where is the harm (I ask you - the absolute master of the art of taunting on these pages) ?

If you're allowed to have fun - so am I - along with anyone else.

I think you need to develop thicker skin Mike. I think if you're going to be dishing it out you can expect some in return.

Sage59,

Reading you sir.

I don't believe our geography is worthless either.

I also acknowledge your opinion and the WVU study published.

I also see the plethora of actual wells in our geography - thinking they are mostly shallow Clinton verticals (most all also 'fractured' I'd have to guess BTW).

The Clinton oil I've read as sourced by the Utica to throw another highly publicized kernel of info. on the table.

Still looking for the long bore horizontal wells that Ron H. sees running other than NW to SE in the Northern Tier - don't know where / what reference shows those wells he's referring to - can't find them.

The Northernmost long horizontal Utica wells that I've found referenced on the ODNR well locator are in Trumbull County.  There is the Magyar 3H Utica well permitted in Wayne Township in Ashtabula County but no wells actually developed North of Trumbull County.  So, I don't know what he's writing about.

To Ron's credit (agreeing with you here) I also think his research and posts / replies pertaining to his disagreements with his lessee are very valuable for all members reading this site.

Don't know how you (or how anyone) could just 'flip the ball back to the ref' and be less 'touchy' about matters / comments which are seemingly meant to dis-credit / de-value a privately owned investment / property / attempt to demean / debase the property and the owners myself.  So in that regard, I think you were / are actually treating the 'assault' rather mildly.

BTW it's good to read that you were able to profit by the leasing process and hope that you (again in your case) and we at this end will also in the near future when things pick back up.

Good luck to you and all of us North / South / East / West - I still think we need it.

Sage,

Thanks for the comments.

Sorry to hear that landowners are going after each other instead of the producer who is walking away with Ohio's wealth.

Tomorrow is going to be a better day for all Citizens of Ohio. Wait and see.

So, Ron; how do you get Sage59 indicating that 'landowners are going after each other instead of the producer' ?

I don't pick any of that up from his comments / replies here myself.

BTW, Ron H., as opposed to any one single producer, I perceive an industry wide bent regarding lessors being taken advantage of here in Ohio. This said in no manner to diminish your struggles.

Good luck sir and keep us all informed with your posts / replies.

BTW Ron, as to this particular post, the way it stands now, I'm seeing about a fifty - fifty split between those whose 'ship has come in' and those whose 'ship' has not.

A clip of the French Taunting above.

I agree Sage59; that movie is a timeless classic as far as 'comic properly executed taunting' is concerned.

My ship came in without a doubt.
In southwest Greene county pa. Bonus paid then lease expired and bonus paid again. Also leased the Utica for another round of bonuses.
No royalities yet but some coming shortly.
We had the same very good fortune as rmc, SW Greene also. Leased in 2008, expired, leased with new company in2014. Now they want a ROW. Don't care if they ever drill, life is good. We are SOO blessed and fortunate. Wish everyone the same good luck we have been blessed with.

Hi, RMC....My name is Martha Murray....live in Oklahoma, but have mineral rights in Greene County, Pa.  Was contacted a few months ago from Hilltop Minerals LLC wanting to purchase my minerals, but naturally, I declined.  I haven't had any other offers....definitely do no want to sell the minerals, but would enjoy leasing.  Any information would certainly be appreciated.  Just not sure how to handle this.  Thanks for any ideas.

Hello Martha Ann my personal advice would be to have a title search done with all copies given to you.
Just to make sure there aren't any issues or old leases that weren't released etc.
Then as hard as it may seem just forget about it go about you're life.
The companies will locate you when they need you're property.
Of course just my HO (humble opion)
Excellent rmc. I am in SW Greene also and have had offers on the Utica. Where are you located? I have a question about how they presented your Utica lease, would it be ok if I friended you and pm'd you a question?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service