I’m bringing this topic over from the shaleforum. Does anyone know the intentions of these guys? As of yesterday they have leased over 10,000 acres(April 2017- present) in Knox county. Some info from shaleforum members include: they are paying $100/acre for all strata and East Ohio Oil and Gas is a shell company for Western Land Services. Any other information is appreciated.

http://www.recorder.co.knox.oh.us/

Views: 18436

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

have the brought in the big rig yet? the one in the picture aint much bigger than that pickup.

Not sure Bo. They only have to go down 4500’ here then go horizontal from there unlike Guernsey county. If I remember Devon was pulling rigs out of Michigan to drill in ohio back in 2011-12 because they didn’t need the big rigs because of the shallow depths. I wan to see how big pickup trucks are in Guernsey because they aren’t that big in Knox county. Lol

yes, this rig looks a lot bigger than the one in the last pic. They go down about 6500 ft. here, then go about about 2/3 mile horizontal. takes a big rig to pull the pipes back out.Lots of white pickups here. they try to make them sound like 1950 semis, and the more black smoke they can send up,the better.  

Cabot has filed for aa EPA permit to flare the Kamenik well so I guess this is good news . Devon Energy didn’t get that far back in 2012

With having years to be  ready for this how is the Mohican group doing getting everyone a deal?  After reading this thread sounds like the driller showed up but nobody was prepared.  I've found a good way to make deals is to work on a good reasonable lease or addendum, only using attorneys to ensure the agreed upon is in good legal language, otherwise attorneys can set a bad tone.  Someone was asleep at the wheel here.  Y'all should have had a proactive community meeting with the driller and passed out comment cards asking for community inputs and concerns and then work those issues as best as possible into an amendment.  The storage fields seem to be the biggest issue here, and those communities do not seem well prepared even after seemingly waiting and assuming the drilling will eventually work it's way over your way.  Leadership is everything, and leadership does not always equal attorneys. Good luck but you guys have really missed an opportunity.

Pretty tough conditions to drill in NCO and now all the mud this coming week. 

Cabot is walking away from Ohio ....

can you elaborate?

COG 4 th earnings release 

Well dang, I have already spent half mill of my expected  royalty income. 

Why not put in a link to source or copy and paste the article or excerpt here?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service