Anyone have any idea what companies are offering in Farmington, PA? We were offered $750/ac and 15% for our 46 acres, but don't think that is a good enough offer compared to what other landowners are getting in other counties.

Views: 1627

Replies to This Discussion

A WORD OF ADVICE WATCH YOUR BACK!
(Not to sound like a wise guy), therefore, what should I watch for??
THE CONTRACTS YOU GET FROM THE LOCAL GAS COMPANY DO NOT TELL YOU ANYTHING BUT HOW MUCH THEY WILL PAY YOU. YOU CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THEY CAUSE TO YOU NEIGHBORS PROPERTY. THEY TELL YOU NOTHING ABOUT THE TOXIC CHEMICALS THEY ARE PUTTING INTO THE GROUND AS WELL AS THE RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL THAT COMES OUT OF THE GROUND WHEN THEY ARE DRILLING. THE FRAC WATER PONDS THAT ALLOW THE TOXIC CHEMICALS IN GO INTO THE AIR OR LEAK INTO THE SOIL. THEY BURN OFF WELLS AFTER THEY ARE DRILLED TO GET RID OF THE WATER BUT ALSO RELEASING THESE CHEMICALS INTO THE AIR. YES IT MAY ALL SOUND GOOD BUT YOU NEED TO HAVE ALOT OF THINGS TOLD TO YOU WHICH THEY DO NOT. THIS LOCAL COMPANY PAID OUR FELLOW HARD WORKING AMERICANS PEANUTS AND PARTNERED WITH AN INDIAN COMPANY FOR ALMOST $15000.00 PER ACRE. WHY COULD THEY NOT GIVE EVERYONE THAT PRICE? THEY PROMISE FREE GAS TO YOUR HOME BUT THE PRESSURE IS TO GREAT. THEY WILL TALK IN CIRCLES JUST TO KEEP YOU CONFUSED. THE SEIMIC COMPANIES ARE USIN THE SAME TACTICS. YOU MAY THINK I AM CRAZY BUT DO ALOT OF RESEARCH BEFORE YOU GET MISLEAD. IN THE FUTURE THIS AREA MAYNOT BE FIT TO LIVE IN AND YOU WILL SEE IT SHOWING UP IN THE WILDLIFE FIRST. YOU CAN BELIEVE ME OR JUST TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT.
Thank you for your response. Our previous three year lease covered the legal matters which were mentioned by you. However, being prudent, we have retained an attorney this time around.
Marathon, chief and atlas have quite a bit of land leased in the mountains, wharton, stewart,henry clay. The seimic testing is being done there now and will stop 12/15 and return in the spring to finish up the job. If you go on the dep website you can sign up for enotice's. Any time a permit is applied for whether it be for drilling or for pipelines, you can be notified. I don't know what the going rate is for sign up but do your homework before you sign.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service