Ohio has had at least two cases go through the courts on forced pooling. The judge ruled in favor of the gas co. in both cases. Pennsylvania does not allow forced pooling in the Marcellus but does in the Utica!  This could be a good thing if you want a well and everyone around you wants a well except for that one person in the middle that will not lease. But what if the offers you received are not quite where you think they should be and are the one holding out for a little more. Then the courts tell you sorry but the ruling is in favor of the gas co. and not only are they going to drill under your property but you will not receive a bonus payment and you will only get 1/8 royalties.

Any comments   

Views: 1057

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, Jesse - let me put down the Cabela's 'logue for a moment to answer...Like I said - haven't been about for awhile, know ya'll missed me & Frank, SO after reading through a few old posts & 'connect the dots' between this, that, & the other thing...

...and reading on Russia's 'Revolution' (they still haven't 'gotten it together yet' as good as what our 'broken down GERBIL wheel' that we're spinnin' around on in these here parts...) & visiting the Flagship Niagara (that's where the 'I-79 SWAMP overpass' came in - EXPENSIVE!!! - WHY didn't it go over DRY land? - SWAMP for God's sake?!!!), THEN re-visiting the War of 1812 as well as the French Revolution...and THEN re-connecting the 'dots' to TODAY (of course after Hitler's being voted in the USA as 'Man of the Year in 1933') +++ and THAT is where 'the more things change the more they stay the same'...WHAT'S NEW??? Not much - just the names, dates, +++ ...

...HORNET'S NEST, this Corbett matter, ain't it? WHY 'take it'? Who is HE to just SHOVE IT DOWN EVERYONE'S THROATS??? He is you, you are me, I am you...and so on & so on. THAT is where the good ole' GOLDEN RULE comes into play, eh?...recall that one?

Do unto others as YOU WOULD HAVE *THEM* DO UNTO YOU. Pretty clear-cut & dry.

RIGHT IS RIGHT, AND WRONG IS WRONG - no two ways about it...and YOU say?...

As one light lights another, nor grows less - so nobleness enkindles nobleness. Back to grillin' my fillets....

good hearin' from you, Jes'...the manic phase I leave to you...wear it well...perry....

Looks to me like this shows some real progress for landowner interests.  What's not to like about bigger royalties, good (if not great) bonus payments, and making sure minority O&G interests don't slow down the unitization process?  I'd still rather be offered a fat lease, but I sure wish PA would send this message to certain "majority" HBP holders, to let them know that they can't use big oil economics to bully unleased landowners, and to minority holders to let them know they have to play the holdout game under rules that are fair to landowners.

Interesting 'crosshairs' to discern for yourself...

We are auctioning 80 acres off on August 12 in Crawford county. - G......

Corbett's betrayal has already started to hurt landowners. - Go Mar......

...a real 'hornet's nest'...all the world's a stage and WE are merely players (fodder for the wolves in sheep's clothing...)...

Marcellus gas production rising fast in Pa., W.Va. - Yahoo! News

As one light lights another, nor grows less - so nobleness enkindles nobleness. DON'T become embroiled with the 'sand scattered on the floor'...FOCUS on the *main improprieties* of the G&O matters at hand. STAY FOCUSED - He who stands firm....

No  t won't be 0 bonus and 12.5% in PA

Forced pooling means non-operating energy cos can bid for leases andd force those parcls inti units.

Lease value will go way up.

Don't man to be so harsh but the masses need to RAISE  their knowledge  levels are operate in a realistic fashion. NOW.

YAW nor  no one can change laws to out of the blue move economics from one group to another.

Blunt but Bradford commissioners are backwards  and doing harm.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service