The company has signed an agreement to provide its ethane from the Utica Shale to Royal Dutch Shell's proposed multi-billion cracker plant in Beaver County, Pa., if that plant gets built.
http://www.ohio.com/blogs/drilling/ohio-utica-shale-1.291290/gulfpo...

Views: 4341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shell had "70 people crawling over the facility in the last week," Horsehead CEO Jim Hensler told analysts on a conference call Tuesday reporting Horsehead's third-quarter earnings. "They're still actively involved." This was published on Nov 5 Pittsburgh Bussiness Journal.

Gary I know someone who works at horse head and he thinks it is a go.
Says surveyers were checking it out for its own exit onto 376.
I can't explain all the negativity to this but mostly seems to be coming from ohoians for some reason......?

The intersection of 376 and RT 18 have stakes all around it..I have heard they plan to move 18 around the site..

Reply by Trapper
".....I can't explain all the negativity to this but mostly seems to be coming from ohoians for some reason......?"

Just a bit of inter-state competitive sour grapes, I believe :))) Better to take a more non-parochial view of the Basin as a whole it seems to me.
As these multiple productive shales and the Trenton/Black River become more fully developed in the years ahead (and I believe they will be), perhaps within the next decade or two we'll see crackers also operating in OH and WV.

In the news today, a cracker plant to be built in Wood County, WV with two polyethylene plants and a cogeneration plant. 

Dan, that is a proposed plant.  With options on the property just like the Shell plant.  Nothing anymore definite than this one.

This may actually pressure Shell to move quickly to get this one up and running. First mover usually has a big advantage.

I was a little disappointed with this "announcement" myself. I was anticipating Gov. Tomblin announcing a firm commitment from someone to actually build a cracker. There are probably many companies "looking" and contemplating the idea.

The positive I draw from all of this is the fact that our region is drawing this kind of interest! Evidently we are sitting on more than perhaps we previously thought and good times are on the horizon! Even if we never get a cracker , things like Tennessee Gasline being converted to carry NGL and all of the other wet gas related projects in the works throughout the tri-state area are definitely indictors of a prosperous future for us all.

Sure sounds like a whole lot of trouble to go through for just a "pipe dream" doesn't it? Lol

First rule of O&G never believe O&G.

We all know that though, by this time in 2015 watch there be two with a 3rd one being built and 20 more in the pipe.

I agree Charles! There is plenty to go around.;-)

Trapper, I guess the Governor's people thought I was gonna spill the beans, so they got him some political hay by coming out with today's announcement :)

Chip; this just a exploratory offer.  An option to build, a feasibility study. No pant anytime soon.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service