I have been hearing of companys offering $12000, $13000 even $15000/ acre to buy mineral rights. So far I haven't been able to find out who is making these offers. If you've received an offer in this range could you please tell me who made it? Thanks.

Views: 83912

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mr. Martinelli, you have written your comment in such a clear, intelligent, direct, and gracious way.  I bet many people admire you.  I do.  May you feel good and find pleasure in the daily stuff of life for a long time to come.

Amen !

YOU DONT NEED TO DO EVERYTHING, BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING.

NOT AN ORIGINAL QUOAT BY ME, BUT I LOVE IT. VERY  VERY TRUE.

You're kind of all over the map here, David.  People are stupid because they made bad decisions.  Ok, fair enough.  But you have basically insulted anyone who defends the stupid while simultaneously claiming to want to help said stupid by spreading your gospel of "don't sell".  

As far as companies "taking advantage" of stupid people I think the argument is a little flimsy.  Companies take advantage of landowners kind of like how restaurants take advantage of hungry people.  

Amen Dex. I hope this rant is over............

It better be over. Geesh

I don't think it should be over.  I mean, do we really know how he feels about the issue? 

/sarc off

While you display some good logic, I will disagree with one point.  There are several reasons that someone may fail to make a 'good' decision, many of which have little or nothing to do with intelligence.  Many people simply do not have the time or the means to seek out good information.  In this particular case, distraction is to blame.  I'm certain that more than one interested reader has been put off by the "rant", to borrow a term.

An important fact to note is that, despite the protests, (if not due to them) some new contact info has been elicited.  If one re-reads the original post, this is in keeping with the aim of this thread.  In that respect, it has been successful.

If the word 'stupid' had a place here, which it does not, it would surely apply to someone who would attempt to thwart that objective.

How is the 200k per acre over the life of the well affected by a 50 percent drop in the price of oil? or the drop in natural gas pricing ?

It's huge. Meaning you will never recieve the 200 k during the life of the well. Maybe half of that if prices remain the same.

Actually they will probably go down a ltitle more in the short term.....I suspect a lot of leases won't be renewed either.......

When I first came to this thread I suspected that it would be merely some sort of quasi infomercial for those who stand to greatly benefit from buying mineral royalties from landowners, again, for pennies on the dollar.

I used the word stupid, accurately, and was blasted and re-blasted for it and everything else under the sun.

Still, no one has or can refute my contention, which is if someone is buying your mineral royalties you are getting MAYBE 10 cents on the dollar, period.

No one is buying mineral rights that are worthless, these guys are not that stupid. They look at your lease, look at your property and look at what is and has occurred around you. They take that information and determine a very educated guess as to what your royalties will be worth over the long term of their investment. You as a landowner are then offered the generous sum of about 10% of what YOUR royalties are worth, and then you are layered with every reason under the sun to do what is best for the buyer and not for you.

Ed has brilliantly, better than me, illuminated the entire sorry saga of the land men and the investors.

Still, if you wish to give 90 cents on the dollar to wealthy investors and land men instead of some worthy cause it is your right to do so.

Just know that I stand to profit from no scenario concerning what you do with your royalties, the guys wailing and flailing the most on here do stand to profit from what is yours.

Just know what you are doing, I have many friends and neighbors who would quickly be millionaires had they been more patient and not fallen for the lies of the land men who came around here and lied to them straight faced.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service