Kinder Morgan is getting ready to replace a major line that goes through our property. The original ROW agreement signed in 1956 grants a permanent easement of 30 feet plus a temporary easement for workspace of 22 1/2 feet on either side of the permanent easement. The temporary easement was terminated "at the expiration of one year from the completion of the construction of the pipeline on the Grantors land". So my question is, will they not need as much workspace to replace the line as they did to install it? Surveyors have mark the centerline of the permanent easement but not the boundaries of it.

Views: 1837

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More than you probably want to know about natural gas pipelines.  From the Argonne National Laboratory:

http://corridoreis.anl.gov/documents/docs/technical/APT_61034_EVS_T...

Kathi,

I just had a 24" line put through my place, in the initial Row I gave them 50 feet.  When they got ready to install they marked 100 feet.  After a lot of discussion and rereading the addendums I did they remarked to 75 feet, so more discussion and rereading contract and addendum.  Finally remarked to 50 feet.  The pipe line install crew didnt like it but they managed. 

I just didnt want a freeway running though my wooded areas.  So the short of it is they can manage in 50 foot space

Thanks David. 50 feet is still 20 feet more than the 30 foot permanent ROW they have now. I am waiting for a call back from the "new" guy in charge of the project to discuss the issue. How long before the start if the digging did they mark the 100 feet. A group of surveyors has come and gone and they marked where the current line is but not the workspace.

The 50 feet row was a permanent row for 1 pipeline only.  They paid single payment by foot across land, 30 is what I got but think i could of held out for 50 but maybe not with the 50 foot.  Specified double ditch method for stock piling top soil.  Got paid for double timber value and had logs piled for my use after clearing.  I eliminated the temporary easements on either side. 

Have rumours of people getting annual payments but havent seen it happen for pipelines,  Compessor stations yes but not pipelines in our area 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service