http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-08-30/chesapeake-squeezes-landowners-on-costs-amid-cash-crunch

Chesapeake at it again.

Views: 1006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It just kills me that so many people are always suing Chesapeake. Are they that bad of a driller? I don't hear stories like this from the other companies. I signed with Shell and even though they haven't drilled yet, they were decent to deal with.

THIS SEEMS TO BE COMMON WITH CHK. THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING IN OTHER STATES, LA., MISSISSIPI,OH, PA, CHK DOE'S  DRILL A NICE CLEAN WELL, REPAIR ROADS ECT. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO PAYING LAND OWNERS THEY ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. AS ONE POST I READ STATED, YOUR LEASE IS OLNY AS GOOD AS YOU CAN AFFORD TO DEFEND IT. IF YOU HAVE THE WORD BLACK IN YOUR LEASE, AND CHK SAY'S IT'S WHITE, THEY WILL GO TO COURT AND PROVE IT.

I HAVE A LEASE WITH CHK, BUT NO PRODUCTION. THEY WERE GOOD TO DEAL WITH AT THE TIME- 5800 ACR. 20% ROYALITY, BUT WHAT LIES AHEAD?

Energy Currents - Seeking Alpha

More info on chk. this confurms what I said in my earlyer post. forwarned is forarmed.

This subject gets my blood boiling................

I go out and hire an attorney (with a very large group) and we ( "we" meaning "our attorney", chesapeake and everybody in the group)  all sign with the understanding that it is gross royalties and CHK comes back later and deduct costs for production is outrageous.  No wonder the law suits are happening.  I will be the first one in line to sue CHK if it happens.     

Frank........... I think your headline is not attracting patrons on this subject.  I think this is an important subject that others should read. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service