If fracking fluids are found to be the cause of the illnesses at LeRoy High School, would you change your position on fracking?

http://holisticremediesnews.com/2144/le-roy-mystery-disease-update-...

The symptoms the children at LeRoy High School in LeRoy New York are suffering from are very similar to the neurological symptoms shown in the movie "Split Estate".   The movie documents what citizens in Rocky Mountain States have been living with for years, primarily in the towns of Dish Texas and Denton Texas.

Views: 11702

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If the article attached had any real meat to it, there would be a case for those who have been harmed. This is an ongoing inflamatory method in effort to derail the O&G boom. I do not see a single point of agreement between us outside of "companies need to take responsiblities for their shortcomings." What Bob Hagan's moratorium creates is a total stop to a business that may or may not have some control issues with it. Owners of the mineral rights want to move forward, the O&G industry wants to move forward. Based on heresay evidence, you want to stop this until Bob and fellow lefties say "go ahead"? Not a chance. Put to a vote in the areas in question, his moratorium will die a quick death. IMHO

Ron and Mark,

LOL...sorry, I couldn't help myself...I recognize these are serious subjects...LOL

I posted at that sight:

Hey come on now why try to blame it on fracking? Has anyone thought about Cell Phones? As noted wells were in place decades before this was reported, If contagious as is suggested here the number would be far larger and more diversified. Note this is only happening now after the other girls became some what celebrities. Could it mass hysteria as what has been suggested by medical professionals> After all look at the fear mongering being presented here.
I am glad you brought up violations it looks as though regulators are doing a fine job by looking at the numbers you present. However those numbers do not give a honest break down of what the violations were for nor the severity of the violation. A good example would be saying drunk driving kills and NY had 134,000 accidents reported of course we all know not all of the accidents involved alcohol, and now that not all of the accidents even resulted in body injury. Your spin upon the violations of O&G is really a cheap shot.
As a landowner I believe in the over sight of the industry . I would however like to see a break down as to what the violations were and severity.
Look at this for a example with the trucking industry.
Violate a state or local ordinance or regulation: Level 1
Violate hours of service : Level 7
Operate a CMV with inoperative headlight/tail light: Level 6 = Question is a blown taillight during the day a life and death situation
Violate that a load is not secured : Level 10 = Question a small piece of insulation blows out of a mobile home being transported the same as dropping a 40Ton roll of steel on a highway?
Operate a CMV while ill or fatigued : Level 10
Operate a CMV with a leaky tire : Level 8 = Question doesn’t a tire usually leak when your not looking at it?
Operate while DUI : Level 10
I think you get the picture.

The problem is that there is minimal or no oversight of the industry and the few regulators that do have the authority for oversight are former employees of the industry.    Sounds a lot like the wolves are guarding the hen house.

There is no documentation because the school officials wont allow anyone to conduct tests on their property.    The spill was documented by the EPA, the school chose not to notify parents and there is no documentation of any cleanup of the contaminated soil or vegetation.

There is no documentation of toxics because the school officials wont allow anyone to conduct tests on their property.    The spill was reported to the EPA by the someone (either the school as owner or whomever is operating the wells for them), the school chose not to notify parents and there is no documentation of any cleanup of the contaminated soil or vegetation.

I am sorry that my intent was unclear to you.

Part of the problem lies with the EPA,so far in this situation choosing not to ask to conduct further testing.

Geeesssss Howard get a hold of yourself, take a deep breath, think about what you are writing.  Very simple, what we all are asking you, is how can there be contamination if as you say there was no testing or how can one use the word contamination if nothing was proven.

We do get it that there needs to be allowed testing so your first step before you conclude contamination is to get the school to allow testing......then we can move on to contamination if any.

The school did air quality and mold testing only and determined that was sufficient to exclude environmental contamination.  I know this because that it what is on the school district website.  http://www.leroycsd.org/news.cfm?story=89264&school=0

Dont you love how these antis twist the truth & try to show links that have nothing to do with it! By the way hasn't NY had a Moratorium on fracking??? Gary I think its living on the coasts NY & CA, Land 0f Fruits & vegetables

Amen

Thanks Mark thats definatly meant Nuts

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service