Dr. Tony Ingraffea to Talk About Fracking at Butler Community College

Renowned authority on shale gas drilling, Dr. Tony Ingraffea of Cornell University, has been invited by Marcellus Outreach Butler to talk about the perils of fracking at:

7:00 pm, Thursday, November 21
Succop Theater
Butler Community College
107 College Drive, Butler, PA 16002

Free to the public. 

Views: 7494

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Complete nonsense Rodney. Provide proof , your words are hollow without proof of these wild claims. "Hey the sky is falling" Should everyone believe that too?

Far more pollution has been released into the air by us human folk than has ever or ever will be from shale development.  In fact my hog farm alone has probably released more methane into our surrounding woods than ten wells.  I feed them frac water and it makes them bigger and release more methane.  I find the toxins make better bacon and hams.  Freedom of speech Rod - I can say anything and don't have to prove it.  I did'nt want to mention the lack of birds or vegetation around here...oops, almost forgot - gotta go burn some tap water before it builds up too much pressure...

MJ,

At least your flaming tap water provides a heat source in this cold weather.

Fact is -  flatulence from farm animals releases more methane into the atmosphere than shale development.

Watch out ! The fractivists will be protesting at your farm.

One whale will release more Methane than 1000 cows in one day !!!  YIKES.... SAVE THE WHALES !!!!   and yes... I DO.... Love the whales.  

Nancy,

Stop! Be Quiet! The extremists will want to kill all of the whales to prevent that methane release.

Yes ! Save The Whales from the Environmental Extremists !

Do dog and cat farts count? Pet Owners Unite ! The environmentalist left want your pet gone in the name of clean air !

NO, instead there will be a new industry created - dog and cat diapers that collect their emissions. Enhanced Doggie & Kittie Depends now available online or at your local grocery and drug stores.

I can see it now in the Sunday coupon section - Doggie and Kittie Flatulent Sequestration Enhanced Depends 10% OFF with the purchase of 10 # of ground beef.

I had a nosebleed today, right after slopping the hogs.  Remembering what I read here, I went to investigate... search for a "cancer pond".  Being cold, I rode a heated snowmobile down to the state gamelands - about 2000' or so, when low and behold - I saw it!  I did'nt notice any dead deer anywhere, but out of the ice popped a beaver!  Must have been playing in the toxins - poor thing!  Will wait to spring to see if any foilage grows there this year.  Beware folks!  This could happen to you. 

MJ,

Was the beaver purple ?

Cows are the real problem.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/28/farting-cows-barn-explode_...

google the person that started this thread, and read how he is indoctrinating his kids to this BS.

Den,

Very funny.

Sadly here in the U.S. the environmental extremists want a tax on methane produced by farm animals, even though it doesn't make a major contribution to pollution.

Someone should call children services for child abuse.

A bit greenish and softly glowing I think.  Otherwise seemed busy and active.  Due the amount of bubbles coming up thru the hole in the ice, it must have been offgassing at a tremendous rate.  Oh well - more methane to contend with.  Like I said - poor thing.

Maybe those critters can build a nice beaver dam and you can harness some bi-fuel hydro power there.  Nothing like glowing green energy!

Chip,

That isn't the fact. Telling teenagers not to have sex to prevent STD's or pregnancy is still relevant and the truth.

Telling people that shale development is environmentally unsafe is a lie. A lie is a lie no matter when it is told. The truth is the truth no matter when it is told.

People should always stand up for the truth, and expose a lie.

It's not that he is expressing his message too late; his message is false.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service