The English language is sometimes very confusing.  What seems innocent to one person is totally inappropriate to another.  Take the word, "There."  Their,  They're. Easy to confuse the meanings of each spelling of this word.     These chat groups are taking great care as to what is being posted.     Any comments?        Granddad Ladd 

Views: 1921

Replies to This Discussion

Observation for November 12, 2019

Some years I became aware of a family that was trying very hard to qualify for an important position.

All went very well and it seemed that that job was about to begin a new chapter in their life.  Everything was approved!

But then a letter came stating that position had been canceled or denied.

After discussing the situation with two of the most trusted of folks he knew, one being the interviewer for that position and the other being a member of his close friends. 

When asked for an explanation, The interviewer said, "YOU TRIED TOO HARD!"  On the other hand, the close friend said, "YOU DID NOT TRY HARD ENOUGH!"

Now I ask you, What would your feelings be if that person were you?

That family put hundreds of dollars into updating facilities. This money could not be recovered!  Hundreds of hours were given to attending meetings and instructions for the job, And all for NAUGHT!

Talk about the mind and values being pulled apart.  

Granddad Ladd

BEFORE I I HAVE TO LEAVE THIS WORLD

I want to give my thanks to certain special people involved in my 85 years of life.  Each one left a certain legacy of their own to me, to grow and for what else it means to every one who might read this.

First are my parents, Lisle and Beatrice Ladd, The next names are listed as they are remembered.

Granddad Ervin Ladd, Great Aunt Allie Ladd Tuttle, Charlie Keith, (he and his wife were my first friends outside from family),  Grace  and Alfred Harris. Hulda Vogt, Charlie Hebblethwaite and wife, 

Other folks that had a great influence were Leo Buscaglia and Judith Kurianski, John Savage was another but certainly not the last! or the least.

Of course there were a great many other people who are also in my memory. But I think that first few named people need to be remembered and honored. at least by me.  These folks took much time to answer questions and instill a sense of fairness to all the folks that I may come in contact in years to come!  

Trying not to judge anyone without first knowing what kind of teachings or experiences these other folks had. And helping them whenever I could!

Granddadd Ladd

This thread is opened again for comments

Granddad Ladd. 

Did I scare Ralph   off?  

I certainly did not want to do that. 

But somehow he got it in his head that that it was my fault that  the state of New York was not drilling for gas and oil. He made no effort to make any inquiries on his own.

The internet is here for everyone to look up whatever information this wish to find out about.  However they need to process in their mind as to what is bull S*** and what is the truth.   In other words, KEEP AN OPEN MIND!  I asked Ralph to provide a few facts but all he did was to try to intimidate me time and time again.   And that is not going to work!

Granddad Ladd

SPREADSHEETS

There are several spreadsheet programs that can be loaded free on your computer.  

With a spreadsheet you can ascertain the accuracy of the royalty statements received with your royalty check.

Best of all you can compare one month's figures with the next one, all on the same screen.

The statements we receive from Eclipse, (Montage), are so small that we have to use a magnifying  glass to read it.

Their statements could be printed in a much larger print so they would be easier to read by all of us.   It is almost as if they do not want royality receivers to check the statements!

With a spreadsheet there is a bit of "learning" to do before  a person becomes adept with them. But once you familiarize yourself with how they work and can set up your own personal template, the rest is not hard to do.

Comments please.

Granddad Ladd

RSS

Local Groups

Latest Activity

Events

© 2019   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service