Is theis forum just for land owners only? I am one of many heirs to 46 acres of O&G in Upshur County West Virginia. Can you tell me what it going on there as far as the price they are getting for leases? It was my grandmothers and I just found out in October that her estate was never taken to probate in W.V. and she has been gone for 30 years. I have been tying to take it to probate since October and have ran into some obstacles. I'm beginning to think no one there wants us to. We could be totoally wrong, but our family suspect our royalties have been cheated the family over the years since it was never taken to probate. Also, I think there is a possibilty that there may be coal bed methane wells there on that 46 acres. Have they made a dicision on who that belongs to? I have heard that some counties have divided it among the land and mineral rights owner. In my case, the land owner sold it to another person but kept the coal rights. My family owns the minerals, so who would the coal bed methane belong to?

Thank You G.P.

Views: 3185

Replies to This Discussion

No problem with the pooling. Just all the other changes.
Good morning, many times the lease modification will include changes not discussed by the landman.

I would be glad to talk to you about the possibilities.

My name is Tim Greene. I own a company by the name of Land & Mineral Management of Applachia. I work exclusively with mineral owners helping them negotiate leases, modifications etc and the overall management of their properties.

Please feel free to contact me at 304-545-7644 or tgreene711@gmail.com

Thanks, Tim
Chesapeake is a rip off co. even though they paid $350.000 for 200ac see article in the Wva times April 22nd. The deal on Marcillas (spl) is horizontal drilling !!
Gail, No the 640 rule is to protect you ie: if they drill a well across the street from your land then drill under you they have to pay you for a portion of the gas
Update: We have been trying to get my grandmother estate to probate since Oct 2008. We have hired two lawyers in Clarksburg WV. The first one I let go because he wasn't accomplishing anything. The new one says to us...'oh it's a easy process...no big deal". Well, we still do not have it to probate. 13 family members meet in his office in May of 2009 and at that time hired him and we have yet to get the estate to probate. My nephew who is a business man is helping me with it and the lawyer has failed to return his calls until he threatens to call the board on him and then he finely calls him making promises he does not keep. Were beginning to become very suspicious as to why we cannot get this to probate. Could it be there is something they don't want us to find out? Anyone have any suggestions?
The Heirs of an adjoing property had a problem like yours. I belive they needed to go back 2 or 3 generations to get all settled up. They used a lawyer from Buckhannon, David Orndorff, 304-472-3141. The Heir "in charge" said he was slow, but in the end are very satisfied with his work. If you want, I will call this Heir to see if they would be willing to talk to you. Let me know.
Yes, that would be great! Thank you! Not sure I should post my phone number on here. If they are willing let me know and we will figure out a way to communicate.

Again thanks,

Gail
After threatening the lawyer with filing a complaint with the law association we are finely about to get this settled with the probate on my grandmothers will. At least he sent us the papers, so within the month it should be filed and completed after three. Does anyone know of drilling companies in the Upshur Co area that might be interested in a lease? [Please, only those interested in drilling]. Mountian V has already shown an interest and promised there will be at least one Verticle Marcellus, and possibly a Devonian put on the 46 acres.
Try Anteros. They have an office in Mt. Clare.
Okay, thank you!

Watch out for pooling, these companies can go as far as to include only 1 acre of your minerals in a unit, thus holding the remaining acreage by production.

Active horizontal drillers in Upshur;

Consol

Chesapeake

EQT

As for promises on a well being drilled, get it in writing !!!

Thank you for the advice!

GP

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service