I'm pretty new to all of this and I think I finally figured out how to post on the Crawford Co. site.  I posted on the 'main' site and found out that the Lippert well is still being flared.  Does anybody have any up to date info on the progress of the Byler and Staab well drilling?  thanx in advance.   mk

Views: 8073

Replies to This Discussion

Halcon directly informed me that the Staab well was not economical for them at this time.  Halcon is looking for oil, and it appeared that there was mostly dry gas found at that well.  They wouldn't tell me if they are definitively going to plug it or not, so maybe they will just shut it in for now.  Seeing that gas is at $4.13/mcf right now, maybe things will start to crank up.  I'm not too sure on the Byler well.  I saw some additional lateral permits for that well, but I was also told from a reliable source that Shell told him the well wasn't very good. 

Andy,

That explanation does not square up with the geography. If you were told that there is a lack of pressure, I would understand and accept that. This based on the recovery zone being a bit shallower than other producing areas. Further, the dry gas line is well SE of Crawford county. There should be wet gas/condensate at the Staab well. Who told you "mostly dry gas"?

Remember, the "dry gas" line shown on various maps of the play is just a guess until wells are actually drilled and produced. And also that as the play goes north there will come a point where those lines change direction or come to an end. Andy's explanation certainly matches up with what I've heard about the well.

I have property about 9 miles E of the Staab and my OGM are being marketed by WPAGLC.  I talked to Ed about a month or so ago and he said that a gathering line scheduled for the well was not gonna happen.  I'd like to know what the issues are.  I saw the video of the flare and I thot it to be pretty damn impressive.  Don't know if it's dry gas, the economics of the gas price, or percentage of NGL's, condensate, coming out of it.  I sure would like the straight scoop on why it's not being tied in.  Then, there's the Byler, sure would like the latest on that one.  thanks, all...

Haven't heard anything for some time, now.  I'm not sure when the numbers come out of the DEP, but we're nearing the end of June, so it should be soon for the posting.   Anybody hearing anything about the Staab or Byler wells??   Berk, you have any new (good or bad) info?   thanks 

Staab well has been put on temporary inactive status, Halon has filed a permit for that.  They also filed a permit for a vertical well on that same pad, I'm assuming to try and see what else may be available; maybe to try to get some more logs to make a better case to sell their acreage (purely speculation).  I think the well produced around 3 mmcf over 80 days or so (which may be a bit misleading given the fact that the well was never put on line). 

thanx, Andy.   how about the Byler, know anything about that well??  thanx.

I saw at the Byler well that they paved the road going back to the well last week anybody know if they are going to move in equipment? They had two permits for two more wells from here but I am thinking they may have run out.

Why pave if nothing is happening?

Been almost 2 months and no activity on the Crawford Co. website.   Any updates on the Byler or Staab that anyone's aware of??   Anything else going on of interest ?   thanks...

Shell is trying to renew it's drilling permits for the Byler wells they had in 2012.

Mark,  what has actually occurred at the well site up to this point?   I saw where you said a while back that they paved the road in, and were talking about 2 more permits, but what have they done at the site, as of now?   Did they already drill a well and if so what have they done and were there already 2 add'l permits they had and are those the ones they are renewing?   I see you have some acreage attached to it so I sure hope it works out for you, but I'm interested in the results up to now....   thanks.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service