Were any of you in attendance at the meeting with KWGD on Monday at the PLCC. I was there and was totally surprised by the number of people in attendance. What were your thoughts about the meeting? I found it to be very informative.

Views: 35242

Replies to This Discussion

Chris,

The only other actual attorney group that I have heard of was the group representing F&M Landowners group & I believe they were over around St. Clairesville somewhere.  If you go to google or dogpile & do a search for F&M Landowners group you should be able to find the link.  I think the link contains something about washington PA Lawyers.  It sounded like a somewhat comparable group, just further out of town & that group is closed now I believe, but it may still give you something to compare to.

That's right, it was Steubenville, not St. Clairesville.  Sorry about that.

Hi, Chris!

I just attended the Morgan County meeting last night.  Their attorneys are Bricker & Eckler out of Columbus.   They have also included Dr. Robert Chase from Marietta College, who is a professor of Oil & Gas Engineering, or some such specialty.   They are charging 4.5% of the sign-on bonus, divided up Jennifer Garrison, the main attorney, gets 2%, the law firm itself gets 2%, and Dr. Chase gets 0.5% - it costs a little more than the KWGD group, but I like the input of Dr. Chase.   He adds a different perspective to the situation.  I am not able to sign with them, however, because my land is in Muskingum County and our meetings are tomorrow night and Thursday night!

I would like to hear Dr. Chase speak.. I've heard a lot about him from a friend that takes one of his classes. I don't think 4.5% is unreasonable with that kind of expertise. I can't do either night this week .. will they have other meetings?

Hi, Steven!

I don't know yet, but I plan to attend both meetings.   I'll let you know if I find out more about future meetings.   I'm not sure Dr. Chase will be at the Muskingum County meetings.   Muskingum is working with a different group of attorneys than Morgan County.

We were surprised at the number of individuals that attended.  Some of the questions posed also surprised us. For instance, How do you know if you have your mineral rights? How do I obtain my mineral rights?

Appears that lots of people need to do some significant research. Also , if the audience that attended is indicative of the number of individuals that have not yet commited, we have a ways to go getting the accurate info we need to feel more secure with our decisions about individual leasing.

Mary, most people have a good idea as to whether they own their mineral rights or not.  Most of the time it seems like the big surprises come when the mineral rights were reserved hundreds of years ago.  Most of the time, people will rely on the oil/drilling company to check the moneral rights & title.  They generally will not let you go through with the lease if they find that you do not own the mineral rights for some reason.
I'm glad to see we are getting some discussion going. This was my first meeting, but I signed with them yesterday and I feel this is the best way for me to go right now. I have been trying to learn as much as I can from the actual facts out there. It would appear that we are sitting on a real hot spot. According to the ODNR the one producing Utica shale well in Ohio right now is in Harrison County ( close to Cadiz ) and is producing an incredible amount of gas. Other people say it is producing oil as well. As best I can tell from the gas alone the landowner is receiving more than $10,000 per day. Any other information that is verifiable out there? I'd like to know.

Even after being to 5 or 6 meetings & talking to 3 or 4 other reps not in a meeting setting, I also believe that the KWGD group is one of the better groups around our area right now.  However, that is something only time will tell though.  I did go to the Homeland Energy meeting tonight, and while I like what the guy there had to say, he did not give off as much of a "good vibe" I guess you would call it as what I got from the attorneys with KWGD.  So, for now I believe that I made a good choice in signing the initial commitment letter with them.

yesterday, i went to the guernsey county fairgrounds to listen to wishgard for the third time.  because the leasing prices have been going up in guernsey county, i wanted to see if they had improved their offer.  i learned that the bonus is now 1850 if you live north of I-70 with 120 days to pay and 1600 if you live south of I-70 with 90 days to pay...also, they have added an additional bonus clause on the last page of the addendum.  it was explained to me that if they sell your lease for more you get 50% of the difference.  after reading the clause, i don't think that's what it says, it appears to apply to reassignment of the lease...i would want a further clarification.  as i live south of I-70, i didn't think to ask if that clause is in the other lease. (they have two separate leases depending on where your acerage is located).  i believe both leases are for 15% royalty.  also, i attended the homeland energy meeting in cambridge (second time)

Hi Joann,

What were your feelings about the Homeland presentation?

i'll be off line for several hours and will post my thoughts on that meeting at a later time.  perhaps someone else has some input.  did anyone attend the ohio landowners consultants meeting last night at salt fork lodge?  anything to share with us?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service