All things pertaining to Middlesex Twp gas drilling activities or lack thereof.

Views: 10453

Replies to This Discussion

latest updates from The MASD website (marsk12.org):

Rex Energy Updates

The following communications regarding the Geyer Well Pad project were received by Mars Area School District from Rex Energy. As a public service and to ensure that the community remains informed, the District will publish its communications with Rex Energy regarding this project on this page of the District's website. The most recent communications will be posted at the top of the page.

Please note that the following communications are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute any endorsement by Mars Area School District. All questions regarding any of the following communications should be directed to Rex Energy at the company's "Well Site Inquiry" webpage at www.rexenergy.com/well-site-operations.html 

Communications

Recieved: June 2, 2015

Subject: Geyer Operational Update

Dr. Pettigrew,

Thank you for speaking with me regarding Rex Energy’s development plans for the Geyer well pad.  I wanted to follow up regarding your question about timing of development plans for the wells.  We are currently working to incorporate the Geyer wells into our overall drilling schedule - taking into account our financial, legal, operational and contractual positions - in a manner and timeframe that allows us to meet our obligations and commitments in each of those areas.  We remain committed to conducting our operations in a manner that minimizes our impact on the school district wherever feasible.  Because of that commitment, we have already began preparing the site for drilling and related activities once school is dismissed for the summer.  I apologize that we are not yet in a position to provide a more definitive timeline, and assure you that we will keep you apprised of our development plans as they progress, with advance notice via periodic operational updates to the school district, the township, and other local constituencies whenever possible.

You also asked if we had a resource available for anyone with questions or concerns about the construction, drilling, completions, or production of the wells.  The best place for people to ask those sorts of questions is the well site inquiry page on our website, at http://www.rexenergy.com/well-site-operations.html.  Inquiries submitted through the website are responded to as promptly as possible.

Again, I appreciate your questions and reiterate our commitment to you to keep you apprised of our current and long term development plans with respect to the Geyer properties.  You can feel free to contact me at any time if you have questions or concerns.   

Thanks,

Joseph Negaard

Counsel

Rex Energy Corporation 

Received: May 29, 2015 

Subject: Geyer Operational Update

All,

Following the Middlesex Township Zoning Hearing Board’s favorable decision, Rex is resuming Geyer well pad operations.  Given this recent development, and our continued focus on operational transparency and openness, I will be sharing periodic updates with this group. 

Some minor groundwork has already begun on the site this week.  Rex has verified that all permits are on-site and that the required signing was replaced along Route 228.  Additionally, Rex had contractors survey and stake the final location of each of the permitted wells on the well pad site. 

Next week, a contractor will begin laying the containment system on the well pad.  The containment system is an environmental protective barrier that covers the active working area surrounding the well. 

In addition, next week, the installation of a sound abatement wall will begin.  The sound wall will be 16 feet high and will surround the perimeter of the well pad.  The sound wall will help to minimize noise and light leaving the site, reducing the short term community impact.  Rex anticipates that the sound wall should be installed within about one week. 

Throughout this process we remain committed to right in/right out for vehicular traffic accessing the well pad site.  In addition, we anticipate that our operations over the next few weeks should not be substantial enough to have a noticeable impact on traffic or the school or the surrounding community.

I will continue to keep you updated as we progress with the Geyer wells.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Joseph Negaard

Counsel

Rex Energy Corporation 

Thank you for posting Middlesexmom. Did not realize there would be updates on the School website.  Will continue to check periodically.  

I found this article about the Delaware Keeper group.  Can Someone explain exactly what this means.

http://naturalgasnow.org/the-carpetbagging-delaware-riverkeeper/

Hey Cat, very interesting.

From the same site:

http://naturalgasnow.org/william-penn-foundation-lackeys-sued-for-d...

This one details some of the specifics contained in the lawsuit against the anti's.

Lot of lawyer mumbo jumbo in both articles but essentially they are " being hoisted by their own petard".

LOL I never thought I would ever use that phrase but it fits soo well in this case.

"to be harmed by one's own plan to harm someone else" ." Shakespeare in Hamlet"

Cheers

Thank you for posting this article FairMktValue.  Very interesting!

Random Shakespeare quote:
Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide.
Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on
The dashing rocks thy seasick, weary bark.
Here’s to my love! (drinks the poison) O true apothecary,
Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die.
I love Shakespeare!

Sad to see ya go Romeo!

Definitely going to be interesting. 

Wells will probably be drilled, completed and tied in all before school goes back in session. 

Found something online too

https://vimeo.com/128443720

password: frack

Looks like there might be more to come from them too. 

Hmmm.  Thanks for posting DG.   This township is so divided but people still keep moving here.  I have a client who is building a house near the well pad.  They aren't worried.  

Just have to wait and see what happens.  Rex is moving along and keeping the School and the community updated with every move.

The anti-drillers have eyes on this site.   The password was changed.  Cannot view the video on Vimeo any more.  Not sure what there is to hide.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service