Information about drilling activity, pipelines, etc. in Millwood Township.

Views: 122365

Replies to This Discussion

Bo is right, the rig I saw the other night is the Finneran. I went out there last night, the Scott and Yost look like there isn't anything going on there.

I also drove up on the Pora last night, until I saw the lights passed the pond they put in up there. One of these days when I am scouting turkeys I will walk farther back there to see what they are doing.

I did see some equipment to the right of the pond but I am not sure what they were doing because I couldn't see well in the dark.

The old guard shack is still up there, and I don't know if the McClain has a guard shack either. The Finneran does have one.

Someone else mentioned about Eclipse and things going on behind the scenes, and I tend to agree. So many times it appears nothing is happening and then things break loose and we know that the wheels had to have been in motion.

Eclipse needs funds and they have assets in drilling units. I suspect that some other drilling company of a larger size will come in and drill some of these in a joint venture. Just a suspicion. The Chesapeake land man told me emphatically a few years ago that they are and will be the most likely to drill the most acreage.

Things change quickly. It may be better to be patient and wait for a better pricing level which would bring higher royalties to the landowners.

I heard they drilled a couple of the horizontals on the Scott wells 16,000  ft. Also Eclipse is only drilling and casing the verticles on the Fineran. May not have gotten forcepool decision /go ahead for the State owned parts under I-70. Heard they /Eclispe/are going to their dry gas acreage until oil prices go back up. Could be a while. I can see em going to the Yost to poke a few holes and get the 24" casing in to hold that acreage ,but no-one has said that.  Seen the gates were open this A.M. at the AEP well pad on Easton Rd. by Old Washington. Maybe they are bringing a rig in?  AEP. may keep right on drilling. Using other people's $$$.!   Looks like a pad going in on St John's rd. just north of Kenonsburg. I'll check it out . probably Antero.  Looks like a pad maybe going to be built along St Rt. 265 just west of Salesville.couple thousand ft west of Rosehill Rd.  I heard that landowner has been in negotiations for a pad.   Nothing on ODNR about it yet. Looks like ,with the slowdown, it will get the pipeline/processing/compressor station people time to catch up and maybe even get ahead of the next drilling spree after oil prices recover. It would be nice ,when they a  drill well, that they can hook up to a pipeline immediately and sell the gases that they have been just burning off into the atmosphere.Better for the environment and the landowners royalty checks!

Bo is the potential Antero pad on St Johns up past where Egon Hill splits off past the old church?

Yea, boy. on the right.. I'll investigate and get back later. That is if I find out anything. Cant see them doing all that work for a pipeline, and there's a compressor station on the other hill just east of there. That is Antero's area.

That could be Eclipse. ODNR shows a lot of shallow wells on that road held by Eclipse. They do go all out for their wellpads,and their access roads.The truck traffic is going up St.Johns from rt. 313.

That's the Schultz pad.  It is Antero.  Eclipse only said it is a "competitor" of theirs.  I talked to Antero about it.  Supposed to be 8 laterals.  They said to check back in 6-9 months.

That is my friends place, Antero is in negotiations with him & just walked the property last week. Will keep you posted but can say Antero is very interested....

Sorry, Schultz is on Sycamore.  Keep us posted, Scott.

Yup different friend. Guy on St Johns is Pierce, Shultz & Traska are on Sycamore.

Pierce farm. Antero is negotiating with them now. They walked the property with him last week.

Don't they usually negotiate BEFORE they start building a pad and access road?Maybe they were just showing him how they are gonna do things.

Not sure Bo but Jan Pierce told me they have been talking by phone several times then they wanted to come out & walk the land. I will post an update when he fills  me in on anymore detail

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service