PDC permit for Morgan County Center Twp.  on Centerbend Rd.

Well is listed as Palmer44-20

Views: 24580

Replies to This Discussion

Little rig is up now.  Don't mind the "drive byes" but dang WE LIVE HERE!  Our driveway is NOT a Twp road ...... tired of all the sight-see'ers.

If it'll keep people off our land where they're not welcome I'll share!!  We had to do something we have NEVER done, POST our land as Private Property.  It really pisses me off, the disrespectfulness of individuals.  They come on our land uninvited and yet if they somehow get hurt because they're sightseeing idiots, they have the right to sue me?!?  We own our driveway yet people see all the work & construction and big shiny equipment and totally lose their sense of right & wrong! There's a reason we didn't build our house closer to the road, it's call PRIVACY!  I'm not stupid, I realize this drilling is HUGE controversy and public interest.  BUT my family is MY utmost #1 concern and we're trying to make a living here .... without all the interuptions of "visitors" with questions they want answers to.  We're FARMERS for christ sake!!  And ALL of these workers on this well project, Palmer 44-20, have been EXCEPTIONALLY polite, accomodating, as well as respectful to our entire Family.  We would have much rather had this site on someone elses land and they just punched through to ours.  There's nothing hard about walking to the mailbox to pick up a check!  But in this situation, they're in our cattle/horse pasture, pretty much in our backyard, and our checkbook reminds us that WE pay the taxes on this farm and have a right to our privacy. And yet just tonight, I turn into my driveway and there stands 3 people halfway to my house, gawking at the "pretty lights".  They had parked their car on the twp. road and walked up my drive in the dark!!  HOW RUDE!  Ok, I think I'm done ranting for now .....

He travels fastest who travels alone (not in a large landgroup) ??? 

No we are not a part of a landowner's group and had no desire to be a part of one.  I'm not saying joining a group is bad or good, I'm just saying it wasn't "the thing" for us.  The fella came and talked to us, I did a little research, Orin did a little talkin to family & some really good friends, we looked at their numbers and came up with something we could all agree on and voila the lease was signed.  So far, it's been alright.  We've had to make a few adjustments with our farming plans/operation but other than that the Company(s) have been very accomodating to our needs/wants.  Personally, I think they're spending way too much $$ on some of the stuff I feel is "stupid", but with the EPA and all the other inspectors that have been out here I guess that's the way it rolls.  Guess the fact of the matter is that PDC and those related workers see that we're not hard to get along with and we're willing to work with them.  We're not out for blood, we're looking for "comfortable" in this day and age.  And with both of us working, and the farming..while having 2 boys to put through College soon.. "comfortable" will do for us just fine! ---- As far as charging admission; I'd thought of that! LOL!!

I read on SeekingAlfa.com today that this  is a vertical test well, then PDC is moving to Guernsey County and drill 2 horizonal wells.

They have already drilled 1 vert. test well in Belmont County to hold 1000 acres by production

So what else has everyone learned? I'm just curious ...

Teri, Tell Orin that Steve Wagner says hello....I hope he remembers me....I probably have not seen him since June of '85!!

Hey Steve!  Didn't we see you at a reunion?  But yeah, I know the name so I'll pass along the Hello!!

This is dated, and was taken at 8:45am ... these guys move fast!  As of last night (yes it's after 12am), all of the rig stuff is gone and they're setting up to start fracking on Monday.  It's a VERY quiet night here and I'm thankful for that.  All of "our guys", Vaughn, Dave, Alex, Sonny, Todd, etc. will be missed ... sort of.  One of the rig hands sent me pictures that he took from the crows nest and they are cool!  He was nice enough to think I might want them to add to my collection.  The core sample is in Houston and it'll either come back good or great or totally bad.  Thankfully they're very tight lipped about all of that right now!  If the reports are good, the snobby neighbors who want the big $$ will more than likely get their wish and we'll make them richer (isn't that the way it always goes?)  LOL!  The greed of people still amazes me and I have no idea why!  We have enough land they can do a small horizontal if they decide to.  We're still dealing with some nosey people, and sorry if I have any questions I'll ask one of the workers who knows!  There's a REASON they won't tell "outsiders" things ... just wish people would get that through their heads!  There - that's my portion of an update "from the ground level" .....

Thanks for an update Teri!

I have heard rumors that the core samples results were a little thick but still good. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

An oil engineer just told me it takes up to a month to have it analyzed. He said that they can push it thru faster if they want. 1 month sounds like a long time to me !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service