have ten acres on Straw cutter road near keiser lane. This land was my mothers but she sinced passed away. She was approached by two companys before she died but she never leased it. I know everyone around this property has leases but ours. Can anyone give me advice who to contact to Lease (Williams). Thanks Don

Views: 1978

Replies to This Discussion

Contact Dan Miceli at Williams and ask if any active lease signing is happening now in your area. If so, he can send someone to talk to you. Here's his contact info:

Dan Miceli
Landman
Williams Exploration & Production
Tulsa Region Land - Appalachia
Pennsylvania Office: (724) 873-3408

oops - forgot to list his email address: Dan.Miceli@williams.com

Thank you so much...
If you are looking as a royalty lease, it might be because they are not going under neath your property.  If you are hoping to have them drill on your property... aside from speaking with an attorney, PLEASE... talk to someone that has already leased to get some pointers.  I am off of Uschak Road.  There are 4 or 5 deep wells being drilled around us and we have about that many shallow wells around us too.   We rely on well water for our homes.  There are problems with the water out this way.  Methane is present in  water as a result of a know to be defective shallow well drilled by Rex Energy.  We had Zero methane before gas drillers.  Also... there is a family with a total loss of water that is most likely the result of the deep Marcellus Shale drilling on the Marco farm.  There are at least 3 families in this area with water buffaloes in their yard supplied by gas companies.   Furthermore... as of this past Saturday, the Androstic Well located off of Uschak Road had a safety valve malfunction and natural gas spewed into the air for possibly hours until I called and reported the problem.   This is a relatively new industry to our area... Investigate your options!!!

Nancy,

Are you leased with Williams?  Are you part of the Uschak or Androstic-Marco drilling unit?  I live in Derry too. 

Yes Brian I am leased with Williams.  I am not a landowner though.   Just a concerned party.  I have a well 800 ft. from my front door.  I have lived drilling beginning to end (construction, drilling, flaring ALL 800 ft away!!!)   We did not have methane before any gas drilling and have the water tests to prove it.  There is a DEP verified defective well drilled by Rex nearby.  We work continuously to resolve.  Rex has been good in trying to offer help, however, the aerators they supplied our homes are 5 foot high and 97" around and that is just the main unit there are other pieces.  They require monthly draining and cleaning by hand and brush with clorox water.  They run on electric and  bang and pop and hiss.  Not to mention they required several different holes to be cut in foundation walls to vent methane outside.  Furthermore... with a gas well this close we have lost our quiet country home setting.  This morning we were awakened @ 6:15 by trucks coming in to drain the brine tanks and workers pounding on something.  Furthermore, last evening as we sat outside in our own yard... there was no peaceful country sounds.  There was the sound of the pumps (sounds like tractor trailer trucks idling).  I guess that would be the gas flowing.  Finally... the people that I referred to that lost their water as a result of the Marco well... it was not Carol.  It is another family and they are still without water.  Yes, the gas companies are cooperative and I too appreciate that.  I am not saying yes or no to gas drilling.  Just recommending people think beyond the money and protect their investments.  Finally... just as an FYI.  The gas well outside my door had a safety valve malfunction 3 weeks ago this Sat.  Gas spewed for quite some time before I decided to call and question if this was supposed to happen and what was it.   I was so afraid of pushing the panic button unnecessarily.  Turns out... it could have been very serious and yes... it was natural gas spewing into the air.  Gas drilling is here to stay that is for sure, but as I said... it is just important for us to protect our families and our investments.  Just because they are nice people doesn't mean we should let them do whatever they want.  People need to educate themselves and make good choices based on their own situation.
Also would like to say... we were told by DEP that ours was some of the best well water he had seen in the state of PA.  However, now with the methane and the sulfur smells that cannot be said.

Nancy

I'm not sure I understand.  What do you have leased to Williams if you are not a landowner? 

I hope you get your water problems fixed.  Sounds like Williams is taking care of Carol pretty well.  I have had no problems at all Williams so far.  They have been great to deal with.  I do wish they were more open about there future drilling plans and be able to give us a timeline of their drilling schedule. 

I guess we leased them the right to go underneath and across our property horizontally.  Therefore we will get royalties from the gas drawn underneath our property.

I guess that did not come out right.  I own 2.7 acres with a home on it.  I am not a landowner in the sense that I don't have a rig on my property nor did I have the option to decide right of ways, etc.

Nancy,
I understand your concerns about the water and hope things work out. However, I think the quiet country sounds and country living were disrupted years ago when so many of the farmers and other landowners sold off lots and allowed the building of housing developments. It was once safe to walk on Uschak and Pandora Road, safe to ride horses along the road, now it's not even safe to drive - because of the local residents' driving, not the gas company workers. I hope they don't fix the roads - at least now, with all of the holes and ruts, some of the cars have slowed down. There was once a lot more wooded areas for hunting. Not now. I really think our area is ruined. I can't help but sometimes laugh and think that finally the farmers are getting even - they are now the ones who will make the money and they don't even have to listen to the noise from the gas wells. I'm honestly hoping I make enough money to leave the area and move to a real back country road.
I don't mean to be difficult Carol, but I am laughing.  I do agree about the roads and the driving, but it is the gas drillers and their subcontractors too!!!  Just a month or so ago I was in my car with my kids and a halliburton truck pulled out of their access road right in front of me onto our private lane.  He was speeding and never looked!  As I have said... I guess this is what forward progress is, but I probably couldn't sell my house right now if I tried because of the methane and the view from my front door.  Furthermore, I worry about our area in general.  A financially depressed area to begin with... I just filled out the form to have my real estate taxes reduced due to loss of value to my home.  Others plan to do the same.  Once these gas companies, coal companies, etc. move out... Twps. are left with us few tax paying citizens to support the community.  If our houses are worth nothing... then what?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service