When our forefathers drew the lines creating the states, how was it possible they knew that all of the oil/gas would be west of the PA/Ohio border?

This is obviously in jest, but I'm still confused as to how all of the noise coming from the the drilling is out of Ohio?  Was Pennsylvania mostly hype?  I just find it hard to believe that oil production is non-existent in PA yet it they are digging holes/exploring left and right 20 miles to the west. 

Will Pennsylvania benefit from this? If so, when do you project us to see any development?  And how do you expect it to compare to that of Ohio?

Views: 5399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lived hear all my life. I believe Mercer & Lawrence Counties are western Pa. Ever hear of Hillcorp or Chevron ? Wells drilled and being drilled and more will be drilled all around these 2 counties by these ( players ). Thank God not by CHK or CX ENERGY.Also, like one of the more intellegent people on this sight said. The pipelines are following the wells. Drive around and see pipelines going in all over. Probably should include Butler county also.     Cheers to all the Hillcorp believers and all the Halcon asteroiders.

...kim, you appear to be a little more realistic..I mentioned last week about Rex recently signing a 20 year Gas Transportation Agreement with Dominion and Texas Gas LLC to use their existing gas lines to transport natural gas form Butler County to the Midwest and the Gulf Coast (Morningstar 4/29/14,Yahoo Finance, Bloomberg,Seeking Alpha,Bizjournal.com). One of the articles even talked about Dominion installing more lines by 2016, and how this Gas Transportation Agreement will jump-start other projects in some of the surrounding counties.

I was only talking about western beaver county...Chesapeake is the only game in town

Thanks Mark. I understand, Forgot to say CHEERS to all our friends in Venango CO, also to be considered western Pa. Don't hear much from them. Earlier in this discussion, Pa crude oil was mentioned. Wish rumor was true, pennzoil (shell, i think) & quaker state moving back to OIl City,Pa to build a new plant on the old one, with the billions of gallons of crude that might be down there. At least someone could call them and suggest that. With all the speculation just about anything is possible, aye. It could be called Wolfs Head. To Europe and New York with love. Hope to see good news coming out of that area soon.

James I live in bradford county we have three new gas fired electric plants 1 in asylum twp bradford county they are just getting ready to move the gen in this week i think tues you will have to go online to the dailey reveiw the big move this thing is humunga s , a nother in williamsport pa then down western pa. Cj

cj

EmKey Energy has spent $34million to purchase distribution lines from Norse in Ny and EmKey continues to build gas distribution lines in Pennsylvania.  They just finished a natural gas separation plant in Union City which they spent over $10million dollars some of which was from a loan backed by the Erie County Economic Development Corporation.  The Erie County Economic Development Corp

is working on a plan to expand the Port of Erie. It will be faster and cheaper to ship to Europe from the Great Lakes and avoid the expense and congestion of the Port of New York.  The natural gas industry in NW Pennsylvania is gearing up for current and future business.  This will not happen overnight and things will take time.  We are alive and well in Pennsylvania but nothing moves fast enough to make everybody happy but the gas is not going to evaporate it has been there for thousands of years and as technology gets better and better so will the royalties but your children may benefit or maybe their children but thank God you own land with

gas beneath your feet.  Say some prayers for Shell and focus on good thoughts, bad thoughts tend to manifest, try to stay positive, it might help you to sleep.  Its all good.....

Thinking if they ship to Europe from the Great Lakes it will be liquified natural gas of the type produced by the proposed new Pinto gas to liquid facility in Ashtabula (and any others like it).

This must be different from the compressed and refrigerated natural gas that they use the larger ocean going tankers for as those are too large for the St. Lawrence locks I'm told / advised.

Anybody know more ?

I may be all wet on this, but I don't see Lake Erie / Lake Ontario, or the St Lawrence River, being used for large tanker LNG or CNG loading or transportation.  The potential damage from any accident would be unthinkable, and even though the technology is tested and safe, the NIMBYs will have their say on this.

There is a reason that the loading and unloading terminals for these materials are located offshore.  Existing pipelines, or reversal of existing pipelines, to the east coast will provide a means to reach loading facilities, if larger scale exports from the Appalachian Basin beome reality.  

The Erie Inland Port expansion al

The Erie Inland Port expansion is well on its way to reality and includes

Ohio in its plans...

Elliot presents Erie Inland Port Project in Study Session with Council

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 27TH, 2011 AT 11:32 PM
Handout/ John Elliot

John Elliot's Inland Port Project is in full swing. With businesses now in the fold, Elliot delivered a presentation to City Council on February 24 at City Hall, highlighting new developments and reiterating current plans for the Inland Port Project.

Elliot, the president and CEO of the Economic Development Corporation, and Katrina Smith, vice president and chief operating officer of the Economic Development Corporation, addressed council to provide an update of the operations and offer insight into what they see as a promising endeavor.

Enthusiasm poured out of John Elliot as he described his tour of several ports in Europe with the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Canadian Ministry of Transport. “Bulk transportation is the main focus of these ports in Europe,” Elliot said. “Small countries, like the Netherlands, have built monster industrial economies that are clean, efficient, very modern, and based on bulk transportation.”

This is the direction that Elliot desires to take both the ports of Erie, PA and Conneaut, OH.

Four weeks ago Elliot met with a company that has seven hardwood processing facilities in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. The company found that it could load 20,000 tons of wood pellets onto ships and be ready for direct departure to Europe.

“Based on their forester’s analysis,” Elliot said, “they could do a development in Erie or Conneaut for 350,000 to 400,000 tons a year of wood pellet processing.”

Elliot believes that the manufacturing of goods portside contributes to the success of the European ports because it minimizes the cost of transportation by eliminating transport of the commodity from the production facility to the shipment sites.

“At the port of Antwerp, in Belgium, there are 140,000 people working on those docks,” Elliot said. “There is 53 million square feet of warehousing and manufacturing activity right around those docks.”

Identifying and developing such opportunities is what Elliot sees as the heart of the Inland Port Initiative. And concentration on the ports of Erie and Conneaut creates the potential for doubled assets to draw from.

“We’re focusing on the unique capabilities of each port,” Elliot said. “We have a 300-ton crane (one of the two biggest cranes on the Great Lakes, Elliot mentioned earlier) and a shipyard; Conneaut has a lot of conveyor systems and a lot of raw, available land in addition to rail capacity. Each port has unique assets and capabilities and we’ll be promoting both of them.”

Elliot and Smith are now in the process of looking for businesses to plug into the port idea.

Smith took the floor to inform the council about REXAM Closure Systems Inc. and its project in connection with the Greater Erie Industrial Development Corporation to build a new facility next to the existing one at 316 West 16thStreet. This project stands to sustain 130 jobs as well as create an additional 40 jobs over a three-year period, which might come as a comforting certainty to those of the labor force-- especially, one of the main overall objectives of the Inland Port Project is to improve employment.

“A community like Erie has struggled for a while figuring out what its next economic move is,” Elliot said. “We had a strong industrial run in the '40s, '50s, and '60s and then its really been in decline from an employment perspective, productivity is a different story, but employment has been down.

“We’re also trying to figure out what is our opportunity in an increasingly global marketplace and what advantages we have to build on,” Elliot said. “We want jobs that create influx of capital. This is a way to grow the community’s wealth and create opportunities for jobs, which creates opportunities to increase the tax-base.”

Overall, Elliot and Smith see the mission of the Erie Inland Port Project as making Erie a global competitor in industry development and logistics. This large-scale initiative hopes to maximize the industrial potential of the region and improve the economy.

According to Elliot and Smith, Erie community members should look forward to the possibilities of better jobs and overall growth the project aims to initiate. Rather than harping on the depressing circumstances of our country's current economy, Elliot and the Economic Development Corporation are taking steps to usher Erie into a better position for the future.

Incidentally, it was John Elliott and the Economic Development Corporation of Erie County, Pa. that arranged the loan for EmKeyEnergy to build the natural gas separation plant in Union City,Pa.  Millions of dollars are being invested in the infrastructure of Pennsylvania to not only build the pipelines for gas distribution lines that both EmKeyEnergy and National Fuel Gas, a public utility are in the process of expanding.  Its all about infrastruture and ability to ship the natural gas and oil products to markets.  Russia has now made it possible for large export of natural gas to Europe.

The handwriting is on the way for those who want to see the reality,

for those that are always negative and do not want to recognize reality, nothing will open your eyes.  Your choice.

In Reply To 'pg guy' :

Personally I just don't know.

The G & O business is inherently fraught with potential disasterous possibilities.

It's a real Big Boy occupation anywhere it occurs.

Production / commodity / transport / service / can be / is lethal.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service