Old thread much too long to follow. 

GRANDDADD LADD

Views: 7045

Replies to This Discussion

Just go back from trip up Sperry/Young road. Only saw one stake at very top. My first take was maybe a gas line ROW. We drove around a few of the back roads. Turned right at Boom's and eventually left on Grimes road and back to Westfield again. No deer jumping at us this time.

Thanks for helping me understand more about the gas well drilling.

Granddad Ladd

Used to pal around with Painter boys. Had a few adventures with them. So now I write stories of the old days, Painter kids, My own adventures during my 83 years. Keeps my mind from deteriorating! Once I was pulled out of a ditch by the WAG locomotive. I post my stories on another site geared to writing stories and such.
Fracking is still going strong today I guess. A friend of mine says he can hear the fracking pumps quite clearly. Wind is carrying the noise away from my area. This morning I could hear the two pumps on the water line a few hundred feet to the south of our house. After awhile they shut down. They have a worker stationed there that starts and stops these two when needed.

Sandbox trucks are tearing up the blacktop paving quite fast now. Three tri axle tanker trucks moving down hill away from well site. Maybe carrying away excess drilling fluid.

Granddad Ladd

Must take an enormous pressure to break thru these layers. And I'd think that there is danger of sealing the open end would be very hard to do. But then I know little about the mechanics of gas drilling any way. 

I thank you Old Timer for educating me about the workings of gas drilling. 

The wheeling and dealing part of it is so far complicated that I am surprised that any headway is made at all.

The landowner is almost completely in the dark unless he grows up in the business I guess

Granddad Ladd

Hey Buddy,  Had intended to text you most of the afternoon but was not able to.   The noise is very loud here from P-pad right now. From time to time it seems to quiet right down. A few large tanker trucks have been moving back and forth. I cant tell just which way they are moving because of trees in the way of my sight.

Just wished there was more interest in this operation.  But I guess too many folks are interested in TAPPING, TAPPING their keyboards to their friends and care little about what goes on in their own back yard!

Granddad Ladd

Well we certainly want a leaking layflat no matter where it is. Could it be that is why there are two pumps on the right of way..... One to pump to P- pad and the other to pump the other direction when they pump from P-pad?  I had wondered about that myself. There is always a truck parked next to pumps whenever we pass by. Plus a Porta Potty.  Cardinal never had anyone station next to their pump. Maybe I could take my 4 wheeler just for a looksee to see how pumps are connected to waterline.

WHOA! WHOA!  Let me correct this last posting of mine,

WE CERTAINLY DO NOT WANT A LEAKING LAYFLAT NO MATTER WHERE IT IS!     Sorry about that mistake.

Fracking noise continued for many hours last night. Sound almost like the pumps were in my yard at times,  they were so loud.

Granddad Ladd 

Royalty's  have resumed from first well. (Travis Peake drilled)  from Eclipse.  HOORAY!  (P-pad well)

Eclipse  is busy on second well. At least two sand boxes climbed the hill this morning.  About three Pm. An 18 wheeler box type truck with the Logo "logistics" on it was headed up the hill toward P-pad.

Drivers are always very courteous! I always  pull off and stop when I see one coming, So they have lots of room and wont have to stop. I always wave at the driver as they pass. 

A large logging truck fully loaded came down off of reservoir  hill road into Westfield. I wonder where these logs came from?  Truck turned toward Sabinsville.

Granddad Ladd

Yes, I recall seeing a plie of logs across the hollow from the garage.  I wonder if an area is being cleared off for  a gas well or something?  I'll bet that these gas well workers are a little silk of all the rain and hot weather. One good thing is that the back roads like Sperry/Young and Reservoir Hill roads are in much better shape now.  I recall our own road, Broughton Hollow, had some areas almost impassable when frost went out. Some of the farmers were given the job of dragging a heavy steel drag behind horses or tractor if they had one. 

Granddad Ladd

Just passed an 18 wheeler coming from P-pad. A fracking pump maybe? I am just not familiar enough with the machinery to know what it was. Two tri axle tankers followed a few hundred feet behind.
Granddad Ladd

2600 pounds per foot? WOW!  But I can believe it. All the sand boxes we saw let alone all of those we did not see moving up Broughton Hollow road!  Have to say that information excites me too!   I wonder if another well will be on P-pad or started on a different unit or pad?

This afternoon I could a high pitched  sound coming from that direction.  It could have been from Painter's milking machine's and coolers. When atmospheric conditions are just right we have noticed tractors or other sounds from that direction.

Granddad Ladd

Eclipse must be really serious about developing the flat castle area. Since I am not as familiar with many of these properties as Jp is. I have trouble placing just where they are located.  I wonder when they will drill the rest of my property. Most of my acreage is on the unit just west of the JP well unit. 

Granddad Ladd

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service