Old thread much too long to follow. 

GRANDDADD LADD

Views: 7044

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Paleface. Lots of reading to do and sorting out what is really going underfoot!

Granddad Ladd

Your welcome Bill.

Found it just about noon today.  Was over that way yesterday but turned left before we got to Douglas road.

Granddad Ladd

Isn't that going to be quite a long distance to run a water pipeline?  Must be a great many  deposits of gas and oil in that area. 

Still seems to be much activity at P-pad. Trucks moving up and down almost constantly.

And thanks for your help Old Timer.

Granddad Ladd

If that's the case then I expect that another pipeline ditch will be dug to replace the collapsible water line now in use, And  then covered over.  They have the option to put in one more buried pipeline.  Would it be possible to use it for water? Or am I misunderstanding something here?  

At any rate Flat Castle seems to be promising a major endeavor for a gas productive area.

Granddad Ladd

What do you know about the new activity up near Dodge Hollow?

Lu and I drove up Teed Hollow and stopped in the shade to eat a sandwich. While we were there A pick up truck stopped. Driver thought we were having trouble with vehicle.  I did not recognize the Logo on his truck. I asked him if he was with a gas drilling outfit. He said NO!  His crew was preparing for a different kind of energy source.

Granddad Ladd

Driver told us 24 pinwheels to be erected. enough to power 75,000 homes.  He was not too happy with the gas and drilling operation.  "Too much ripping up the earth" he said.   

Granddad Ladd

You tickle my funny bone OldTimer.  Well I do give him credit for stopping to see if we were having trouble. Then we drove up Teed hollow road and turned right at first intersection.  At the next intersection, we turned right again. This road took us to a place where Triana was apparently clearing off an area on the left for something.   We continued on this road, I think more or less north for a couple of miles. Work had been done in several areas to improve wet and muddy areas. It began to get more and more rutty and narrow.  Decided it best to turn around and head back. Did not want to get hung up or stuck.

Still lots of truck traffic today starting about 5:am.

Granddad Ladd

This morning at the end of Broughton hollow road and rte 49 A sandbox truck and tractor was unhooked. We stopped, Driver said he apparently had lost power and did not think he could get up the hill. I was thinking about offering a tow but we only have a small Subaru Legacy. Decided it was not a good idea. LOL!

He had another tractor on its way and he was all ready unhooked and waiting for it to arrive. Water pumps are still pushing water up over the hill. and still seeing triaxle tankers climbing the hill.

Granddad Ladd

Seems like just about all truck activity on Broughton Hollow road to P-Pad has quieted down.  Noise from well has also quieted down.  So what next is coming?

Granddad Ladd

Looking for more "PIN WHEEL SITES"  maybe?   or just lost their way?

Granddad Ladd

As far as I can see there is little activity in Westfield  township in the last week or so. However we have noticed many tri axle tankers and dump trucks along with 18 wheeler sand box trucks heading west toward Harrison Valley.. 

Granddad Ladd

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service