I looked in the sky and it is orange. Oh yes I have seen this before only its a lot bigger, what I drove down the road to see was the utica well being flared off on the patterson well. It had to be four or five times the size of the marcellus well flare which was in of itself a pretty good one. This well has a marcellus and a utica on it as a"test well". Looks like they passed the test. It is amazing and really hot from afar. It was raining and so as the flame was taller than the flare pipe, the groud was steaming all arond.

Views: 38390

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Was this pic taken tonight? If Shell was happy with the Marcellus they ought to be overjoyed with this one !

yes, 9pm tonight

Attachments:

All I can see from my place is an orangish glow in the clouds. There's a pretty good sized hill between us. History is being made in Lawrence County again! Thanks for the news and pics Mike.

My wife an I visited the Patterson well and we were wondering if they drilled the wells one after the other, or brought the rig in and drilled again? Exciting stuff for us landowners....

I think both were drilled while the rig was on site. This was early this year , I believe. Was it burning today ? How's that site near you coming along? Wonder if it's gonna be another double well too....This is BIG news for the area / whole county. 2012 is gonna be a good year but I heard look out in 2013...gonna really take off! May we all retire early !!!!

Is there any way of telling about a well by how long it takes to burn off?  if it takes longer to burn off, does that mean it is a better well?

Good question. The first Patterson flare off lasted weeks (I heard this was the Marcellus). If this is the Utica flaring now it seems to be more of an intermittent flare off...? I wonder if liquids involved would have any affect on this? As they rise in the well maybe the flame must be doused....? I don't think they would want flaming oil & ngl's shooting into the sky like a WWII Flame Thrower !! There are a couple big vertical tanks on site......what are they for I wonder?

Maybe Jack Straw is reading and can educate us on this........?

Would be AWESOME if this well is soaking wet with NGL's and OIL !

Wish Shell was more open about these things but they don't need to hype it up to attract investors like some of the other O&G's.

Took these photo's 11/28/11..Pretty sight isn't it..

Gonna be an interesting year...

Attachments:

Nice pictures.  Did you happen to take any more? More so of the flowback equipment?  How loud was it when you were this close?

I appreciate you guys posting all this.  It is very interesting.

I looked at the Cheesman well in Portersville and it was much louder it seemed,  or maybe I was just more impressed as it was the first one I had witnessed..

From the picture it looks like they are flaring over 10-12 million in gas.

Great pictures. Very cool.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service