Several months ago I posted a link to a spreadsheet that I created calculating  royalties that may be received from wells similar to the Spencer #1115. The values on the bottom of the sheet were calculated using a 100 acre unit with one well. Values are $/ACRE/YEAR. Here is the revised spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An1tGTlpPDvVdDRhdlhLMU...

Views: 16016

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks!!   Evans of Magnum Hunter has said several times that the Stewart Winland will give indications for  some of the acreage in Monroe County and obviously as the crow flies it is possible as the mileage is actually short

In the Fly area there is a vertical 6,000 ft Marcellus well with approximately 80 feet of Marcellus.   Do you know the average for the Marcellus in any of these wells in Tyler?

Are you familiar with the Magnum Hunter - Stalder Unit. It is about 1 1/2 miles north of Sardis. It has a completed Utica well that had an initial production rate of 32,500,000 cu ft dry natural gas,

Bob, assuming MH Utica well on the Stewart-Winland is successful do you think they could have similar results  drlling to the Utica  layer on the Spencer and Collins well pads? If yes, can they do drilling operations since each pad has active well in the Marcellus?

Should be little/no difference in the volume of recoverable Utica gas at the three well pads. There have been several pads where both Utica and Marcellus wells have been drilled. I don't know why it couldn't be done at both the Spencer and Collins pads. Keep in mind that the Utica will produce dry gas in Tyler County and there probably won't be many dry gas wells drilled until the price of natural gas goes up. That could be several years because there is no shortage of natural gas.

Bob, hope you and your family are well. Looking for your wisdom. Have been following your trail of messages... I'm assuming that the majority of the wells in Tyler county are "wet", meaning that they are marcellus vs. Utica? How long in their maturity are they wet? I'm hopeful that at some point this country will embrace natural gas to power everything. ... Over the average of a 5 year well in tyler county, what would you guess the average price of combined wet and dry would be? Thanks . Bill

Bill,  the Roger Weese #1001 Marcellus well at Tyler City produced about $7,000,000 in wet natural gas and condensate in the first two years of production. Total production over 20-25 years could be in the neighborhood of $20-$25,000,000. I would  expect the Collins, Spencer, Hadley, Stewart-Winland and other wells in the county to be similar. I have no guess as  to how productive any wells west of Little and Shiloh might be. All the Marcellus in Tyler County is "wet" and as you go from east to west the shale gets thinner and the gas gets "wetter". "Wet" gas will always be "wet" but if the well produces condensate, I think it will slow to a trickle over time.

Bob, yes, I am familiar with the Stalder as well as the Herrick which is being drilled 2 and a half "crow" miles from the Stalder.   I looked at your map again and do you have any info on the Pursley well as to who it belongs to, any type of production,   I think it must have been flared off some time in December as I remember a glow in the sky in that direction.    Is the well close to Polecat Hollow, I couldn't tell from the map?   Thanks for any info you can provide on the Pursley.

Pursley is an Antero Marcellus 1H well, Permit 095-02130 was issued in January, 2014 and no completion report has been filed. The plat map indicates the lateral will terminate about 1/2 mile south of the head of Polecat hollow near Oil Ridge.

That must not have been the flare I saw.   However, at long last there  is a well in the Polecat Hollow  area.  I am certain you know I am thinking of the stories I heard the older people tell about the well in Polecat drilled during the "first"  Sistersville oil field boom circa 1900s.   Do you have a location for the original  Polecat well?   I am glad Antero has the well as they seem to know what they are doing and where the good locations are. 

Thanks Bob. Im assuming that your figures of $7m and $25m are based on one well and are gross revenue figures. Bill

Correct and correct!

Bob, my family tells me the 200+ acres is around Friendly. Bill

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service