Several weeks ago Chesapeake told me in a phone conversation that they planned to build. A Pad on the Ramsey farm this summer. The farm is in rose township on clay rd. has anyone seen/heard anything about this potential well pad? - denver

Views: 3923

Replies to This Discussion

I recently visited 6 different pads (Yes I had FR's on and protective gear) Let me tell you it was something amazing to see first hand. Had no idea those rigs where that big. To think that little old Carroll County would be right in the middle of all of this.

I live right off of Clay in the Claybrook Ridge Allotment. Yes there are stakes everywhere. I havent heard anything yet about drilling but I will keep you posted if I do hear of anything.

I work at Atwood Lake Resort and I know from first hand that they are getting ready to put a road in. That was from someone that works for CHK.

Hey Deb, Where are they talking of a road to be put in?

A little progress on The Ramsey Pad. A company came today and drilled small test cores on Clay Rd at RAM 1, then RAM 2 and so on....the markings that they sprayed on the road a while back. It appears they were checking the depth and make up of the road bed to see if it will stand up to the truck traffic that comes with a pad. If not up to their specs, I assume the road will get paved like Bedrock Road did for the Carnes well that was drilled.

New ODNR Permit list just out. Still no Ramsey permit but 14 others.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/portals/11/oil/pdf/Utica_weekly.pdf

Well we think we know why there has not been an ODNR Horizontal permit issued for the Ramsey pad. We were contacted by Chesapeake and had a meeting with them today. The size of the Unit Pool was not correct to their liking. Our old lease called for only a 640 acre and they want to change that to 1280. We are Ok with that. Not happy, but Ok. The Unit will extend NNW to SSE covering the eastern 2/3s of our farm and extending about equal distances both directions. The drilling is scheduled for July 2012. No pad yet, they better get moving. Denver, your name came up in the meeting. CHSP is looking for you and want to talk to you. Email me and I will give you the guys name and number.

drillfordollars@gmail.com

Chesapeake has informed us that a July drill date has been pushed back a couple of months. Also seismic testing will be done between now and then on the Ramsey farm. All hope of having a well in production by the start of 2013 is about gone.

Sorry to sound so negative, however, I have now allowed 4 leases to be amended with the promise of a well only to be disappointed soon after. I believe it is a ploy for us to agree to larger unit sizes by getting us excited about a well very soon. Think about it, what is their big hurry to drill on leases already HBP? And, 'll probably do it again. I have been tricked so many times already and I always thought I was a pretty smart guy.

Testing of thickness of Clay Road completed last week. All core samples drilled and filled from St Route 171 to pad site. Nothing else happening. Farm to be seismic tested but no date set.

Activity at the proposed well pad. A company was out yesterday and placed stakes all around the section of the farm that is in the POOL. I assume they are for the seismic testing that is scheduled.

Talked to Chesapeake yesterday. The Ramsey Pad is still on but, not for a while. Probably a year. He says CHP is concentrating on eastern Carroll County for now. All seismic is completed and companies placing flags all over the farm for future pipelines. So it was hurry up and wait.

I wonder why the eastern. The east produces more dry gas and less oil and CHK is trying to transition to a wet gas/oil company.....unless they have info we don't....and the state map is wrong and the wet window extends further east than previously thought.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service