Got an offer from Rice Energy to Lease Wayne Twp Greene County, which I am sure is motivated by their acquiring of bankrupt Alpha Leases.  Anyone else getting offers from Rice?  Anyone know if they actually did acquire the 27,000 acres of Alpha leases?

Views: 3298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sldouglas,

To me, your take seems plausible and in step with modern, and very aggressive business tactics I've observed occurring all over.

Stay alert / aware.

Good luck to all, I think we need it.

This may all sound very silly. We have been leased for 3 years with Rice. Our parcels , 164 acres are in Greene county. No drilling yet. We have the minerals and royalties. Think the landowners got the signing bonus. I am very proud of all of this, proud my great granfather was so smart to leave this for us. I have been reunited with cousins I havent seen since I waas 4. One cousin lives an hour away from me here in Virginia. It was a thrill to visit these properties and sit in my Great grandfathers house still standing that he built in 1929. I continue to do the research on my own, mostly on the internet. I am 60 and want to get everything in place for my two kids. Probably impossible to answer, but do you think I will ever see anything from this? And we know the importance of this, so we will never sell. Just wanted an opinion. Thanks.

Debra,

Can I ask how the signing bonus went to the landowners if you own the actual minerals?  I thought the mineral owner got both?  Was it something written in past deeds?

Also, you should be able to call Rice and they should be able to tell you if/when they plan to drill. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service