Started negotiating with Rice in January on a gas lease. Received  bounus check today as stated in the lease agreement. Rice was a fair company to deal with compared to others  leasing in our area. Can't share lease information because of confidentiality clause but if you have other question I would be glad to answer them.

To protect yourself before you sign a lease I recommend you first learn about the whole gas leasing process and, A MUST,  have an experience gas attorney on your side.

Views: 5653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Antero is a good company.....be specific about what you want in a lease. As many people have stated .....seek good council. One that is experienced in O&G.

That is my intention, Thanks. 

Are you working with an attorney? I used Smith Butz  which are  located in Southpoint, Canonsburg

When comparing Antero to Rice leases,  make sure you get a pugh clause and a no deductions clause.  Also go to the DEP and compare the production of the Rice wells to other companies wells,  the Rice wells simply produce more gas,  as I understand it,  it is because they are able to perforate the shale better to release more gas.

Smith Butz is the law firm I contacted previously and that is whom I will be using once the leasing and negotiation process starts. Thanks Gunner for the info and I definitely will follow your  recommendations! Also, has anyone on this forum only leased the Marcellus seam while retaining the others.

Your attorney should be able to help you with that.

When should I get the attorney directly involved?  

That is a good question.

I see you are using Smith Butz as your legal counsel. They are very good at educating you on the leasing process as they review your lease. You will understand each lease item and know what addendum changes to make to meet your requirements. I would get the attorney involved once you receive an offer from the gas company.

Did anyone not receive there bonus payment from Rice?

Note: Not 100% sure if this is true, so wait for others to chime in. I heard it through the grapevine.

I have members of the S&G land group signed and MANY of them were paid, but they wanted rice to sign all of them or no deal. So Rice paid the people they wanted (the majority) and the others are still waiting.

I heard* not have

I heard that the group that signed with them in Greene County did not all get paid most did but not everyone.
My neighbor told me that they had to get there attorney to file for a release at the court house for nonpayment but my other neighbor told me he received his bonus check right on time go figure hu?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service