Just curious if anybody has seen continued work by Shell at the old Horsehead plant.  By the same token, has anybody heard any rumblings as to how things are coming along? 

Views: 23835

Replies to This Discussion

Trapper,

That's only a guess.  I am not very familiar with Shell's drilling operations.  Are they drilling in any other counties around you such as Butler?

I do know this - Chevron is too large of a corporation to be nimble enough to amend to the ever changing drilling and completion technologies to be able to drill and produce these wells efficiently so they have been paying Noble and smaller independent drillers to do so.  I applied that same rationale to Shell.

In other words, you are most likely better off with a different operator.

When are your leases due to expire?

Best of Luck, Todd

Well, trapper it may not suck unless you are way up in years, bad health or need the $$'s now. I suspect the values will be much better in a few years and natural gas/ NGLs demand will be more robust then as well.

OK, just had a new customer in our store. He just moved here from down South. One of those 'infamous' landmen. I go about pumping him for info the best I can. His company, forget the name DLC or something, is currently leasing/re-leasing in Harrison county area (south of carrol county ohio) for CHK. He says in the future they may be in Columbiana county for CHK. Take this as a grain of salt i suppose. I ask about Beaver County, of course he knows nothing and doesn't BS me. But he did move to our county, so who knows. I wouldn't be surprised that within the next 3 years that CHK sells out everything here to someone who dedicates the whole area to fuel the cracker with our dry gas, and sell some wet stuff above the Utica.  We'll see.

Have a good one!

Craig: Interesting that he chose to move to Beaver County.......hmmm.

Shell was granted another well permit for the Patterson on 7/8/14. I believe this makes #8. Three inactive status permits were issued last fall. Only two wells are selling gas. I have always had a hunch the other wells are wet gas or oil. JMO.

Todd: Shell has wells in Butler County and , I believe, Mercer and Venango.

They are selling from the Utica here and now and there isn't much wet/liquids needing taken out. I've seen the stubs and the btu's are stated in the neighborhood of 1015 with the last stub reading 1023 btu's(tharp well). Anything much above 1000 btu's and the buyers frown.... and the household appliances tend to fail with too much heat. 

I was told that 2 years ago Dominion shut down CHK selling into the 30" line at Lime Kiln because the btu's were a tad bit high. Now they have another larger, along with the smaller, apparatus processing the gas and appear to be selling every day.

I sometimes wonder tho why CHK hasn't sold already and I suspect it may be that the other plays here are wet/oil and they intend on keeping them. Pure speculation upon my/our part with too many variables we don't know.

Thanks for you help Craig, I am on the Bertovic well and have know idea what it will produce. It looks like the tree cutting is done around here and the piping is only 1000 feet away. Noise shields are in place for another round of drilling. We are getting excited. Best to you and yours Mtn Jack.
YAHOOOOOO! Todd I just read the news about Rex buying Shell's leasehold and I agree , great news for us! They are big time in Butler County and hopefully they are as eager to "Git er Done" Here. Let the good times roll!
That's what Craig n I were sayin...
LOL - Good timing!!
Best Of Luck to you and your family!
Things are looking promising in my neck of the woods also! (I hope). But, we have interest. :-)
Todd and Craig:"Prophets of the Shale"
OMG I sounded like Eiselstein there for a moment! LOL!

Trapper,  

I don't always think I am right......... but when I am right....... I drink Dos Equis !!!

Actually, I don't get to drink Dos Equis that much, I've been wrong so many times along this road, it just feels good to have an educated guess be right at least once in awhile!

And truth be known, the son and I went to a Los Gallos Mexican restaurant in Boardman on Sunday and yes I did have a Dos Equis!!!!

Good news for all concerned I believe.

Keep the Faith!

lmao

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service