Just curious if anybody has seen continued work by Shell at the old Horsehead plant.  By the same token, has anybody heard any rumblings as to how things are coming along? 

Views: 23835

Replies to This Discussion

Go shell.
What infrastructure (pipeline wise) is in place to feed the cracker?

I was told that when the pipeline coming N from the Houston processing plant(I believe) permitted for a line going under the Ohio River nearby the Horsehead property a couple years ago, that 5 lines under the river were permitted at the time...using only one. Who permitted them and for what use, I don't know. Maybe it isn't even true. I wonder if there is a website one could find out info on??? Probably US Army Corps of Engineers might as they control what goes on, in and under the rivers. I don't  really have the time to dig, sorry folks.

Articles are little dated but still interesting. Some of the permits that are discussed have been approved.

http://www.talltimbergroup.com/images/bg_may_june_2015_lowres.pdf

Well,here it is nearing the end of July......When's Shell gonna say its a go.......?

I suppose as late as they can to avoid giving more time for the crazies to coagulate into a mass of onsite protesters ; )

I don't know what to think now. I thought June/July would be it. 

http://marcellus.com/news/id/113254/shell-spend-40-million-relocate...

Before you read the article pay particular attention to the LAST sentence.   (“In the event that Shell declines to build the cracker plant, Duquesne Light will not relocate the existing transmission lines.”)   The great news is that they are in fact moving the 138kv lines now!!  Duquesne Light did not want to run 2 lines running parallel to I-376 unless Shell agreed to build the plant.  Since they are moving the lines I conclude that Shell has already committed to the project and Duquesne Light knows it.  Duquesne just can't say anything because of a confidentiality agreement.  My guess is that Shell will make it public in the month of August and definitely no later than December.  At the end of the day, I don't care what month they announce it in 2015 I just want them to build it.

Nice bit of detective work. I have to agree with your conclusion.

Todd, Went by the Shell Place today.......NOTHING......and I mean NOTHING   and No One there !     EMPTY .....

I go by there every day and it has been sooo busy !!!    TODAY....NOTHING !    STRANGE .........    Has me a bit confused.......

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service