Hi folks,

I was wondering if people have started getting royalty checks in Bradford yet. My husband and I own 25 acres and have negotiated 20% royalty along with a $5500 bonus. We signed last year. How much will we make in royalties? I know that there are many variables but I'm just looking for a ballpark. I know there are online calculators but I have no idea about some of the variables I need to input. If anyone can help me out with info, please let me know. Thanks!

Views: 23539

Replies to This Discussion

is this pipeline heading north or south?
ok.  the tennessee pipeline, the big east/west line, is around rt.6, i believe. this is south of where i am, this is why i asked.  your line might be coming north to that.  HOWEVER  i am not sure of any of this except that the line here is going south. 
There is a lot of pipeline activity around New Albany.  In My area which is where Albany, Terry, and Wilmont twp. border, they have the Yengo and the Marc1 marked with stakes.  A pipeline guy is also coming to my farm to discuss the Dominetta pipeline which may be going through my farm.  There are a few well pads started and maney planned.  I think they are building the pads on the land, especially the larger peices  where the leases are running out so it doesnt have to be released.  They will be connected when the pipeline is up and running.  I recently heard of a term called moth balling.  anyone ever hear of that?

Definition of 'Mothballing'

The preservation of a production  facility without using it to produce. Machinery in a mothballed facility is kept  in working order so that production may be restored quickly if needed.      
Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/mothballing.asp#ixzz1uC6KxGi3

I also read that this is being considered for facilities that were built for import after  changing them for exporting capabilities.

Can mothballing be applied to a well? Have any of the newly drilled wells in your area been connected to a pipeline to actively produce yet?  

1 most important, you are in a VG area geo wise, without that ,,,

2 gascos can only move so fast, they need tie-in lines and it is posssible

2014 could be right. Mostly we see a well or two underway vs shut-ins.

3 Ha you hav time tio think about R on 200 acres- will beHUGE.

Rgds

tt

SCOTT,  I HAVE SOME LAND IN NORTHERN BUTLER COUNTY AND WANT TO SELL IT. THE GAS LEASE EXPIRES 4 YEARS FROM NOW. CAN I SELL IT, AND KEEP THE MINERALS AND THE LEASE ? IF SO WHO CARRIES THE LIABILITY, PERFORMANCE, ETC. OF THE LEASE...THE LANDOWNER OR THE ONE WHO OWNS THE MINERAL AND HAS THE LEASE ?    randall

you can sell the land without the mineral rights.  your lease willNOT run out in four years...........they'll be sure to do some activity before then to keep it.  happens all the time....sometimes literally within days of a lease expiring.  happens all the time.

the liability SHOULD be with company...it depends on how you amended your contract when you signed.

BARBARA.....IF I SELL THE PROPERTY THAT HAS A GAS LEASE ON IT AND KEEP THE MINERAL RIGHTS...THEN IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE GAS COMPANY REGARDING PERFORMANCE, LIABILITY, POLUTING THE WATER/STREAM, CHEMICAL SPILLS, ETC. WHO'S  RESPONSIBILITY IS IT TO FIGHT THE GAS COMPANY?   THE OWNER OF THE LAND OR THE OWNER OF THE MINERALS? ??  I DID GET YOUR EARLIER RESPONSE,BUT WHO FIGHTS THE FIGHT ???

i believe mineral and gas/oil are all included in 'mineral rights'....anybody know for certain?
Minerals are minerals, and not gas or liquids. Pennsylvania Law states that Oil; Gas; and Minerals are completely different and must be stated individually in a deed if separated. I have read deeds from the 1940's where the surface owners sold their land withholding minerals (believing they would get rich mining uranium for nuclear bombs), and now have claimed they "meant" to keep control of the oil and gas. They lost in court. Another deed in western PA held oil, but the new owners are getting the royalties for the natural hgas wells. This was also held to be correct in court.
My understanding is that your mineral rights are in fact different than your oil & gas rights. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service