Hi folks,

I was wondering if people have started getting royalty checks in Bradford yet. My husband and I own 25 acres and have negotiated 20% royalty along with a $5500 bonus. We signed last year. How much will we make in royalties? I know that there are many variables but I'm just looking for a ballpark. I know there are online calculators but I have no idea about some of the variables I need to input. If anyone can help me out with info, please let me know. Thanks!

Views: 23539

Replies to This Discussion

this is going to depend on how many actual 'arms' go from each well and also how many wells on a pad.  and price of gas.  and how many fees/production dollars chesapeake deducts from your royalty, and how productive the well/s is/are.  i don't think there are many active chk wells in the area you mention.  lots being built and fracked.............but pipelines are still being built.  or so i think.

who was the lease originally with? 

Tallisman

Is any one in Herric getting royalty checks yet. Have they run pipe lines

I am aware that Bradford County is quite large, but which townships in Bradford County are actually receiving royalty checks?

There are numerous areas in Bradford County hooked to pipelines. Troy, Sylvania area wells are producing gas. Average royalties for the month of Nov. (depending on unit & %) are running about $65-$85/acre on a 15% royalty. That is with production numbers between 2.5 & 4 million cuft/day/well and a gas price of $3.37/cuft.

You will get royalties on each well that is located within your unit, whether it is under your property or not. As will everyone in that unit, as long as they have been drilled and are producing gas. You should be able to look up your unit and see how many wells are producing.

It doesn't matter how many wells are in the unit. If one well has been drilled everyone in the unit shares that one well. When another well is drilled everyone in the unit shares that one also and so on.

I am a bit confused on this subject, you say it doesnt matter how many wells are in a unit if more than one well is drilled all share those wells.  My question is that we are on the south unit of a well in Asylum township but there is also a north unit.  There are 5 wells planned in all, so do north and south share all 5 wells if producing, or does the fact that there are 2 units on this pad change this.

You are confusing pads and units. A unit is all properties that share royalties from typically one pad within that unit. Generally located near the center of the unit. Units consist of generally 640 acres+/-, but can be any size. New ones are running double that by extending the lateral drilling up to several miles. A 640 acre unit will have approximately 8-10 wells located on the one and only pad. Typically 4-5 wells running northwest and 4-5  wells running southeast (from the pad) all parallel to each other laterally to the furthest extent of the unit. If your land is included in the 640 acre unit you will receive royalties from gas that is produced and piped out for each well producing in that unit. It doesn't matter whether the wells go under your property or not. You still share in those royalties until all gas has been exhausted from the entire unit. One horizonal well in a 640 acre unit typically captures gas from about 60-70 acres within it's path in the unit. Thus the reason for 8-10 wells within a unit.  A pad may only be 5 or 6 acres in size with all wells located on the pad. The spacing of the wells are only feet apart on the pad surface, but slowly spread out as they are drilled to cover the unit evenly along the Marcellus shale layer. 

Thank you so much for clearing this matter up for me.  Yes I was confusing units and pads.

So for instance, we are in a production unit of approximately 580 acres with one well producing (let's call it Well 1) and are receiving royalties.  A new well (let's call it Well 2) was just drilled on a new landowner's property completely within our production unit of the Well 1 we are already receiving royalties for.  I assume that means we will receive royalties for Well 2 also?  And any other well drilled on land within our production unit of Well 1 we will also be receiving royalties for?  

Thanks in advance.

So, how long will it take to build the pipelines so the gas can be transported from the wells in Bradford County?  Anybody have any ideas as to the timeline of receiving royalties in Orwell Township?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service