We had a man  come to our farm  today and wanted us to sign papers to let them do Seismic testing on our farm.  The mans name was Mike Allstead from SEITEL, out of Monaca, PA. He offered us $5.00 per acre on our 76 acre farm. They want to dig 40 3 inch round holes , 30 ft. deep, put blasting powder in the holes . ( My Husband talked to the man, I was not here)  He told the man he needs to talk with me. I am to call him and set up a time after the Holidays to sign the papers. The man needs to come back and draw where the buildings and ponds are, on our property.  Has anyone else been aproached by this  company ? ANY information would be appreciated ! Not sure what to do ? Confused..... Many Thanks in advance for your information !

Views: 9331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RE: "Want the truth?"

Sure do, but you certainly will not find it on a garbage site like the one you posted!

RE: "As presented in a meeting with officials from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation"

Were you at the meeting?

I did not think so.

Rumor is that they were laughed out of the room and asked not to come back.

All IMHO,

JS

Jack,

Do you work for or have a large investment in one or more shale drilling interests or are you just blind? I respond with facts and all you do is make your little jokes and deny anything that is beyond your limited comprehension. Did you even read the entire report and can you respond intelligently to any of the facts as they were presented? 

I read the entire report, it was absolute trash.

Check out the Board of Directors of "grassrootsinfo"; not a single one has education or experience in the physical sciences. No Geologist, no Geophysicist, no Nuclear Physicist, no Nuclear, Drilling or Reservoir Engineer - no backgrounds that would allow any meaningful expertise.There is one Electrical Engineer, he is worried about wireless cell phones.

Degrees in Public Affairs, Accounting, Psychiatristry, Ornithology, Elementary Education, Women's Issues, Pediatrics, Nursing and being a Film maker/Composer do not give me much confidence in what they might say outside of their limited areas of expertise.

RE: "Do you work for or have a large investment in one or more shale drilling interests or are you just blind?"

No, I do not work for or have a large investment in one or more shale drilling interests.My eyesight is not 20-20, but I am no where near blind (nor am I blinded by the arguments of the False Casandras and the Chicken Littles)

RE: "can you respond intelligently to any of the facts as they were presented?"

I have multiple degrees in several of the appropriate sciences in the Earth Sciences.

What are your academic credentials - I gather none that really qualify you  to comment - otherwise you would not be presenting such drivel as meaningful fact.

Sorry Donald, but you have been conned into joining the Chicken Littles and have been put out on Troll Patrol; you are making a fool of yourself!

IMHO,

JS

Chicken Little? Jack?  Remember the coal mines and acid discharge? By the way, what are your many degrees?

Donald, you may as well give up because you will lose any discussion on this subject to Jack.

I know Carol the person in the film personally .She is a truthful ,honest person and farmer here in Bradford county .The only troll here I think is you trying to lie to people how wonderful this heavy industrial operation is .Using EID as a source is a joke since the industry backs them ." Truth "  is not industry and EID ...PR  ! People need to see what this NG drilling is and will do to our regions and state .

And most of us do understand what is going on because we DO live with it. Do you?

Donald,

Your response is full of lies and half truth scare tactics.  People have been claiming these are happening since the beginning of drilling, But there is no proof that this is going on. I worked for the regulatory agency and can tell you that water well issues are generally there prior to drilling. Water wells have 20+ feet of casing, no cement, not regulated, no testing requirements.  Now that the oil and gas industry have started to test peoples water wells in PA, we are finding some frightening water wells out there with problems that people did not even know about. Livestock issues are non existent and I was involved with the stillbirth issue that the farmer claimed in Washington county. It was not associated with drilling. Its a lie about property values dropping because drilling is nearby, banks have not stopped refinancing and insurance companies are not dropping coverage.  I have read all of these claims on the internet and have had to respond to the same complaints while working as a regulator when people would read it on the internet. I can't say never, but few if any were associated with the drilling industry.

I'm not going to say that if someone has a large compressor station built next to your home that the value might not be affected, but there are still private property rights in this country and no one will ever be happy all of the time.

And marcellus protest, Penn Environment, SHAADD, MOAB, are not places to go for factual information.

Seismic testing can cause problems and shake the area it's done in .i had it done here in Bradford county .Felt my whole house shake and wouldn't allow charges on my property ,but the closest charge was about 400 -450 feet away .Just a warning you can have problems if the charges are close or hit your water supply .You take it from here !

Her's what NG drilling brings to your area .This was taken Oct ,2012  in Leraysville ,PA (Bradford county ) the silica dust can travel for a mile or more .It can be done 300 ft. from homes and buildings in PA . This is not beach sand and the noise level is real high also .This wad taken about 600 ft from the source ......  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ90A2gMOJ4&feature=player_detai...

So what evidence do you have that it is silica dust?  Proppant sand is not beach sand, it is cleaned, screened, and washed.  As for traveling a mile, at that point it would be so dispersed as to not pose a health hazard.  In any event defining dust as a hazard requires an analysis of exposure pathways, duration of exposure, and concentration.  There is little likelihood that an exposure for an hour or two to nearby residents inside of homes at 1 AM would lead to any significant hazard.  The video in fact appears to show a plume of condensation from engine exhaust which would be largely water vapor.  Not being present at the time of recording, I can't be certain of this, but how do we know the recordist knows the difference between a dust cloud and water vapor in the dark at 1 AM either?

@ Fang.....No  I took the video and have documented many others and have brought it to the attention of the PA DEP  many times .They know it's dust and that No regulations are in place to stop it .I have also contacted my representative here many times .Do you know more then them ? Do you ! All you pro gas people love to deny any issues that are negative to this process.What a joke ,but that's ok because changes have taken place because of complaining and more are coming all the time !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service