I just received word from a close friend that seismic testing is soon to begin on c.r. 754 in Ashland. This testing is with bored holes and charges. That's two places being active in Ashland this spring.

Views: 4568

Replies to This Discussion

I am not surprised at all with the core/cutting results from this area.  THe TOC looks good, the calculated Ro supports oil; however, I think the issue remains reservoir pressure.  I do think in the future the Point Pleasant will be drilled again but with current technology it may be a few years.  One well does not condem an entire area.

High TOC is a good starting point but as you know that's only a small piece of the picture.  It's like saying that the Dow is up so the whole economy is doing well.  There's more to it than that.  I suspect you know that, too.

You don't get a good look at the Utica/PP on the way down.  You get a sampling of geologic data that everyone already has. 

I disagree with you Marcus, as a geologist, any time you penetrate a formation and are able to collect data you are gathering information not available to the rest of the industry.  There is always information that is collected that is kept confidential to the companies operating the wells.  Also, because the seismic is specifically looking for Knox, does not mean a lot of great data will be collected for the Utica/PP and this is data that will not be shared with the industry!

Then they can lose 4x as much money as you initially thought.  Good deal.

Two new well permits for Ashland County along State Route 71 near the truck scales.  MFC Drilling is drilling a well just east of Rt 71.  The rig can be seened from the Highway.  The well card indicates a depth of 4500 feet.

These well depths are deeper than the wells drilled by Devon.

Nothing exciting at 4500 feet, except other wells in the area are producing oil at 820 feet.  30 Barrels/year.  Other wells in the area are only 2400 feet deep. 

The other well location that has been permited is just west of 71 and the scales.  Also permited to 4500 feet.  Could these well be looking for oil in the Kitchen?

Using the ODNR well locator map, look for well number 24171 and 24172.  I-71 splits the two.  The truck scales is about 6.5 miles north of Rt 250.

Jim, they just did seismic testing in the area this summer. Makes me wonder what they may have found. Yes, there are plenty of wells in the area, and I agree, none are that deep. Could be exploratory holes, hopefully we'll findout. I have friends in the area, maybe they'll be able to get more info from their neighbors. Amazing, that is deep though.

4,500' is the Trempeauleau.  

Marcus, I see that MFC is drilling quite a few Trempeleau wells lately in Knox, Huron and Ashland. Is this part of the MFC/Abarta joint venture?

Yes.

Let's hope for something similar to their Warrior South Project.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service