I have learned that the lease I signed with Shell was filed at the Lawrence County Courthouse on March 22, 2012.  As of this date I have not received my bonus money.  Is that normal? When should I start to worry ? I figured since it was recorded over three weeks ago I would have been paid by now.  

Views: 7514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOW, that is quick

no kidding! I signed Dec. 17th and still haven't been paid.

As of today 75 banking days. Called Shell just because I was curious.  No info from Shell other than it has not been 90 banking days.  Think I'll call tomorrow and ask more questions.  

Can you give me the phone number that you have for Shell? I'm getting the same no info on our account.

Phone number for Shell advocate.
877 842-7308
Joe Minetti. 
Leave information for him.  Your county and township. Address and phone number.  He is very good at calling you back. They are busy so be PATIENT!!

We signed our lease with Shell on Feb.7. They filed at the courthouse on March 8. We need them to cut us a check because our bank doesn't have the capacity to deal with the Bank Draft. We were told that was no problem, but we still haven't been paid. When I call all of the numbers that I have for Shell, and contact our Landsman, we get the runaround! Any suggestions as to what to do next?

How about come on here and make up a better anti-Shell story.

Your bank does not have the capacity to deal with the bank draft????

RE: "Your bank does not have the capacity to deal with the bank draft????"

I have the same problem, my bank does not accept bank drafts - they will not fit in the small slit at the top.

;-)   JS

wow...you're intelligent. Yes, we use a Credit Union and they do not accept the bank draft. Did you think I made it up? Now does anyone have anything useful to tell me? Like a phone number?

Sorry cannot assist.  I use credit unions, too, BTW.  Nothing wrong with that.

Thing is:

A draft is not real money . . . though it can become real sometimes at the discretion of the issuer.

A check is real money which can impose rather a burden on the issuer in short order.

In my lease I specifically stated all payments were to be by cash, cash equivalent, or bank check.  Your lawyer has really let you down on this one, to have allowed you to sign a lease wherein drafts are allowed.  I would not use that same lawyer again.  He or she should have know better than this.

Your best recourse now, with the horse out of the barn, might be to open an account at a financial institution which can handle drafts, then deposit your draft there.  But that certainly will not guarantee you eventual payment.  Drafts are an old ruse.  They are a joke.

To be brutally honest, I'm surprised Shell tried to pawn off a draft on you.  They must think you're really behind the curve.  Course, like I said, this is your lawyer's fault, not your's.  What an idiot!

Yes, it's a Credit Union. .....Not an anti-Shell story.

Our bank didn't deal with bank drafts either nor if you can believe this never heard of them or have dealt with them.  They even said it was a scam (the bank draft).  Go to a larger bank - we ended up using S&T bank and get this they all had a meeting on dealing with bank drafts when all this leasing started.  So go to a larger bank and open up a account.  As far as a number just call the number that is on the draft-letter and they should tell you when your payment will be.  From my understanding they get a notice on certain dates on who to pay. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service