How are the surging natural gas prices affecting drilling this year, and what about going into 2022?  Are the gas companies taking advantage of these higher prices?  What`s next?

Views: 12066

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great question Farmgas .. Quarterly / Annual reports are hugely important ... Personally I am a big on Balance Sheets ,,,, its really simple math Assets minus Liabilities .... Owners Equity should be increasing on a regular basis ........... 

Cash Flows are equally important ,,, I find Cash Flow statements inconsistent ,,, the SEC / Accounting  rules on terminology should be simplified and more  uniform ........ Some Analyst break down these Cash Flow statements pretty good , and much can be learned when they compare multiple producers in a sector ... Creditte Suisse and Merrill both produce some good products / essays .... 

A fellow I know pours over each Statement and reads EVERY FOOTNOTE ....... PS He is hugely successful in this sector ...

Look at cost of production and EUR's , the most efficient operators are ones to consider , though other factors come into play /// [ hedges , how many drill sited left ] ? 

Gassers have gotten some play here as cold grips the East ..... Forecasts play a big role in the ups and downs of the gassers ... tricky business ..

Did you see that NY State has banned new gas hookups in 2030 ????? These people are crazy ....

Thanks Ralph... my concern is that some of these reports show past performance and could show a trail of good or even stagnant performance.  It is up then to the observer of these reports to make a judgement whether a gas company will continue that performance.  My problem with some of this reporting is that it doesn`t project or sell news how it`s going to sustain growth or improve it.  Otherwise in my opinion, its all reported on an after the fact basis.  It would be great in my view to provide information on how the gas company plans to be worthy of investor support going forward.  The marketing aspect has diminished in my opinion.  Because these companies are an "exploratory" based company, tell us your plans to explore for more gas! 

Your post had no 'reply' button .. 

Watching for growth in reports is important ,, cost reduction is another spot to watch ... AR had over paid for pipeline capacity and that hurt the stock in the past , those issues are quickly abating .. COG also had pipeline issues, and limited future drilling sites hastened the merge with XEC ..... One fellow I know , a Wall Street 'muckity muck' is a total geek ... He spends most of his time reading Company reports and with all this effort still often get things wrong ... 

RSS

© 2022   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service