I have been watching this pipeline go in for some time but have until now been able to find any indication of it's name.  Unlike Millport Pipeline which has Millport written on every surveying stakes along it I could find nothing written on any of the stakes or at any wells along the Teegarden Pipeline.  Thanks to a conversation with another member on here I was able to confirm the pipeline I have been watching is Teegarden.

From today's Salem News http://www.salemnews.net/page/content.detail/id/568360/Butler-trust...

Teegarden goes from Kensington across 30 behind Hanoverton up to Speidel/Gas tax east of route 9 up to 172 and across 172 on to Schneider and across Schneider then east to Whinery and across Whinery where it stops.  But this RUMA will allow access midstream to go into Butler Twp.  The pipeline is presumed to go on to and thru Salem Twp and then just into Fairfield Twp but we will see how that progresses.  Some ROW issues have come to light so we will have to wait and see how they are addressed.

Views: 7597

Replies to This Discussion

Update 11/15/13

Corner of Teegarden and Depot there is a small gravel parking lot that is being used as a lay down yard. Lots of pipe and heavy equipment along with a dumpster.

Pipe delivered to Vincent Road Access road a few days ago. 

They seem to be working on both the section from Whinery Road over to Depot  with a crossing at Woodsdale.  I did not go by this to see if pipe also delivered at this section.

Then a second crew seems to be working from Depot to Roy D which is near the Vincent Rd Crossing.

Nothing new beyond Roy D except markers that were already there as you go towards Muehler.

Also the crossing at Teegarden to hook up Mrugala to the main pipeline going to Roy D is staked out now.  That is the most recent new activity that I have seen other than the delivery of pipe to the two locations above.

I have not been out past the first couple legs of this pipeline for awhile.  Last time I was out there they were working on the crossing at 172 and also putting in a smaller gathering pipeline out to the Jan Paul well on Speidel west of 9 and working on a crossing at 9 just south of the school.

There have been questions where the Nisource Hickory bend pipeline and the Kensington pipeline will connect  (if they do).  Press release several weeks ago announced that the Springfield New Middletown and Kinsington cryogenics plants will both attach to send NGL's south to fractionate.  Following the Teegarden pipeline I now believe near the Weaver well near Letonia, the Teegarden pipeline will run south and hook up to Hilcorp's pipeline in the Brinker field.  I maybe wrong, but why run two pipelines?

Two pipelines because Hickory Bend, Teegarden, Millport are all gathering lines for unprocessed gas from wells. After processing I think the processed liquids will go in a separate pipeline perhaps same ROW to Kensington and then on to Scio. Seems unlikely they would ever be mixed back with unprocessed gas.

Correct, one pipeline for the gathering and others for the separated.  My theory is the wells closer to a cryogenics plant goes in that direction regardless of which plant.  Why run the Teegarden alongside Hickory?  The Hilcorp Grubbs well is alongside CHK wells.

I believe the Hickory is completed out there. I have not been out there lately or posted about it but I know it crossed 558 not far from Weaver. Also Hartz had activity near it. And out by Route 7 just south of 14 near another Chesapeake well Lehman maybe forget name and then Chesapeake has a well on Miller just west of 11 called Grubbs. It is not too far from Salem Grubbs. I think that Chesapeake will build it's own or use Hickory Bend but not the other way around since that section of Hickory Bend is completed or near completion. Atlas has the well on 14 ... nice up close view of a rig no berm on sides. It is being driled by Nomac which is I believe a subsidiary of Chesapeake or they have some relationship. It will be interesting to see where they go with their product.

James,

The Tennessee pipeline goes right thru their unit from the NE down SW.

There are four working Tennessee (now owned and operated by Kinder Morgan) pipelines coming from Carrollton Compressor station into Columbiana County and beyond so I believe gas flows from South to North in them. They carry methane or dry gas for usein homes. This is the pipeline that exploded out near Hanoverton a couple years ago. It is probably no coincidence that they go near both the Kensington and Springfield plants which are crygenic plants to separate out the dry gas which may go into this pipeline as well. The pipeline from Springfield to Kensington for which I have not yet seen a name was just recently proposed and has not yet been finalized, row not yet obtained.

Going west? 

Not a problem US, just looking out for our well.  Thursday CHK says it will be hooked up by the end of January.

I was told that they don't have all the agreements in place for the right of way.  Anyone know about this?

Yes, I posted about this problem on the Teegarden.  The problem is east of Depot road between Roy D and Weaver.

Who told you they lack ROW agreements William?

William,

"...  I was told that they don't have all the agreements in place for the right of way ..."

Between which two wells?

The pipeline looks surveyed from Depot Rd east to Roy D.

Then from Roy D going south to Mrugala.

Then from Roy D going north-east to Mueller.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service