I have been watching this pipeline go in for some time but have until now been able to find any indication of it's name.  Unlike Millport Pipeline which has Millport written on every surveying stakes along it I could find nothing written on any of the stakes or at any wells along the Teegarden Pipeline.  Thanks to a conversation with another member on here I was able to confirm the pipeline I have been watching is Teegarden.

From today's Salem News http://www.salemnews.net/page/content.detail/id/568360/Butler-trust...

Teegarden goes from Kensington across 30 behind Hanoverton up to Speidel/Gas tax east of route 9 up to 172 and across 172 on to Schneider and across Schneider then east to Whinery and across Whinery where it stops.  But this RUMA will allow access midstream to go into Butler Twp.  The pipeline is presumed to go on to and thru Salem Twp and then just into Fairfield Twp but we will see how that progresses.  Some ROW issues have come to light so we will have to wait and see how they are addressed.

Views: 7597

Replies to This Discussion

us

so does this mean they will be producing soon?   does gas, oil, and ngl gathering transport thru the same pipe?

US

I have read a segment (somewhere) on this information highway about NGL's, (even small amounts)  transported in a pipeline and that the pipeline needs to be cleaned out often with a pig to avoid buildup.  Would this cleanup operation cause concern as to a higher danger for an explosion? or other problems?

dc

Farm/Dairy article (Jan 31,2014)  Utica 2020 with Scott Hallam of Access Midstream Partners.  He said that NGL's in the pipeling wreaks havoc on the pipeline system.

dc

US

Thanks for the info     I will take that as a YES

dc

US and James:

Thanks for the updates.Trying to keep tied in from a distance. I've been reading your posts and connecting the dots.So tell me if I've got this right. Heading upstream, the Teegarden Pipeline starts at the the Kensington processing plant, heads north, has a side spur that picks up Jan Paul. The main line continues towards Altenhof, then heads north and east towards Huffman Trust. Then Mrugala, then Roy D., then Mueller, then,Riffle, then Weaver, then Hartz, then Mellinger. Does that sound right?

Thanks, US. That is incredibly helpful.

No mention of the Mangus well on Butcher Road.

Retired Tanker,

I agree with you.  I think there should be a spur to Mangus.  But I cannot find any sign of spur to or from Mangus.  If I remember right, the pipeline does NOT cross north of SR-344 (yet?)

The third and final section of the Teegarden Pipeline being prepped now for completion.  Road crossings were marked a few weeks ago.  They began to drop off tires, what look like railroad ties, etc.  On Saturday I drove from Weaver, Hartz to  Mellinger and they had heavy equipment at each crossing installing the wooden piers for lack of a better term near the roads and any low wet areas for heavy equipment to drive on.  They lay down what look like railroad ties then cover that with dirt.  Several areas along this route had crews cutting down and moving timber out of the pipeline route.  I will make a pass by Riffle, Mueller tonight to see what is happening in that area.

Pipe has been delivered and placed along the pipeline route from Roy D to Mueller then to Riffle. 

Now that spring is finally here the Teegarden Pipeline project was bustling with workers today from Roy D to Hartz.  At Roy D there is actually some pipe that has been welded and up on cribs.  Lots of heavy equipment being moved and flaggers at every road crossing.     I had to wait at three of these crossings today to get by.  At one they were sweeping up dirt they had left on the road.  The second they were unloading a big piece of equipment. Not sure what they were doing or getting ready to do at the third.  There is less activity at the far end of the line.  The two flaggers at what is Lisbon Road when you come from Leetonia were standing there looking bored but just as I turned around and drove back by them a big truck with a backhoe or bulldozer on it arrived for delivery.  Pipe laid out from Roy D to Riffle.  Not sure how far beyond Riffle they have gone as I did not see that crossing today.  Activity at Hartz is behind that well pad and is best viewed from 164.  Gates were open at most of these wells today.  The only well pad that seemed quiet was Mellenger but it is so close to Hartz that one crew might be doing the work at both of these and today they were working at Hartz.  I expect these two wells to share a pig launcher.  Things here seem to moving fast now that it has warmed up.

OK pipe is being spread out after 45 now going from Riffle towards Weaver.  There is a section where I can not see exactly where the pipe is going.  There is a huge wetlands off of 558 east of 45.  If you are at the crossing in Franklin Square and look back towards Riffle you can see the huge cut in the woods they have made and it seems to be a straight shot from Riffle to Franklin Square to Weaver.  So this pipeline will have to go under 558 and the huge wetlands at some point from what I can see.  I see only one stake along 558 anywhere in the vicinity of this and interestingly a mail box on a post lying on its side????

Not much work going on anywhere today.  I did see that the wood used for cribbing was delivered at one of the sites.  The basic routine is same we have seen before which is to survey, timber cut as needed, drop off of porta potties and tires for crossing roads and ribbons up at road crossing marking overhead wires, construction of access roads and road crossings beefed up, stripping of all top soil off to one side of path, grading as needed, delivery of pipe and spreading it out along the pipeline path, delivery of cribbing materials, setting up cribbing, pipe up on cribbing and welded, trench for pipe dug, road crossing or push pipe which is a different quality of pipe is set up and welded then pushed under each road crossing, pipe is lowered and attached then to each road crossing pipe, pipe from wells brought out the main pipe, pig launcher installed, pressure testing of pipe, pipe buried, pick up of materials such as tires, porta potties, heavy equipment, wells brought on line workers there through the night, recovery of the land where pipeline ran  ... top soil returned etc.  There seem to be teams of workers that begin at starting point and move along doing their part of the job ... welders for example ... so you can actually see many of these activities happening if you take a drive along the route.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service