Hello to all. I have been on this site for years. It has been a long time since I've needed some help.

I'm thinking of selling my Mineral Rights. Can anyone give me some advise on how to determine the value of Mineral Rights.

TIA

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All

Sarah

Views: 1648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is what I found so far. If you are not in production I have no idea, didn't check into that.
If you are in production this is what I have been told by 2 people in position to know.

Take your monthly royalty check - times 12 months - times number of years you expect the well(s) to produce.

Using this as an example $100 royalty per month x 12 months = $1,200 x 10 years (left in possible production)=

$12,000.00. Now ask yourself who would pay $12,000. Buyer will want to pay less as they will want to make a profit.

plus you will more than likely have to pay taxes on your sale plus lawyer fees to draw up a mineral deed. And there may be other expenses I'm not aware of yet.

As others have said there is a lot involved and the minerals really are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
If anyone knows more Please inform the rest of us. Good Luck to all. Thanks everyone for your input so far.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service