Portage County sits on top of the valuable oil and wet gas windows of the Utica shale play in eastern Ohio.  As such, many landowners have and will continue to receive offers in the mail or talk with neighbors that receive offers.   Please share any current lease offers.  

We have received an offer from Chesapeake Energy for $1500 acre/10yr lease.   I expect offers will increase significantly in our area.

Views: 9520

Replies to This Discussion

Nothing more than what I can read on their website.   I found this on another county group site.

Has anyone heard of a land group called NELA?

They talk about this group on the Ashtabula and Geauga county pages.

I'm from trumbull county and just helping a friend in portage county to find a good group. I told him to check into buckeye minerals and see if they are doing anything in portage county. Does anyone know if they have a group in portage county yet?

Not that I know off.  Tom Weise of Penta Point Properties might be doing something with a group. Also check into washingtonpalawyer.com F&M Group 2 Northeast Ohio. 

Thanks Jenni. I will try to find out about Buckeye they used to be ALOV

Karen,

I also received something from NELA and did some research on them. I talked to a lot of people and most of them told me to stay away from them, land flippers. Don't know if it's true but all I know is i'm in the last ALOV group and I have only heard good things about ALOV. The only difference between ALOV and Buckeye Minerals is that ALOV was non profit and Buckeye is for profit. If i was you i would look into Buckeye Minerals but that is up to you. Thanks,  Tom

Thanks for the info. I think they will do good for us.

Hi Karen,  I'm from Portage County and I am a member with ALOV. If I wasn't already a member with ALOV, I would definitely join Buckeye Minerals. Bob Rea, who started ALOV and Buckeye Minerals, is a honest individual and can be trusted. Good Luck!

Please send me information through a direct message.   Thanks

The Law Firms of Rokisky & Associates and Stark & Knoll will be holding a group meeting on 5/16/12 at 6:00 p.m. at the Northeast Ohio University Medical Center in Rootstown.  Rokisky & Associates has successfully negotiated group leases in Ohio and West Virginia.  The meeting will discuss the group leasing concept, leasing terms, and current oil and gas issues in the State of Ohio.  All landowners are invited to attend.  RSVP's are encouraged as informational packets will be handed out.

Responsible Attorney:

S. David Wilharm, Esq.

Rokisky & Associates

3200 Main Street

Weirton, WV 26062

(304)748-3200

dwilharm@rokiskylaw.com

We've been trying to attend a meeting with Buckeye Mineral for some time now, even spoke with Steve Rea on the phone back before Memorial Day.  At that time he said that there would be a meeting in Portage County soon and that he would email the time and location, but so far (2 months later) no email, no return calls and no meeting info.  Can anyone share some info on how to reach Buckeye Mineral, or even better if and where a meeting for Portage County will be held?

I attended that meeting in May at Salem with Bob he said that he would be sending out new contracts but I have received nothing. I would like to stay as a group but I also was offered $3500 and 18% recently I'm on the fence. the gamble is what can Bob get for all of Portage ? I already know that weather the contract is with Buckeye or  an other vender it will be Net not Gross % because of the processing fees associated with Wet gas.

Bob you need to convince me, I starting to get frustrated.

-Clayton

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service