While traveling Shippen/Delmar TWP I noticed other plastic piping being installed in a separate ditch Beside the steel gas pipe. I think blue , green ,white. black I am guessing blue is water , green is some type of waste water , white ? black ? . maybe fracking fluid ? Has anyone else seen this in other parts of Tioga Co ? I am thinking if it is fracking fluid or frack waste this might be an environmental issue at some point if there is leakage .

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm gonna take a guess that these are actually various gathering lines that will originate at different wellpads and go to a processing plant.  They are placed alongside existing pipelines because the right-of-way is already there. The different colors are to ensure that the processing plant knows which product came from which well pad so that the proper payments will be made to the companies and royalty owners.

It could also be that the different lines are for different products such as gas, wet gas, ethane, propane, or other fractions. That would be the case if the lines are from a processing plant to a distribution center.

But this is all a guess. Ask around, some of the people working in the area will explain.  Hang out at the local diner at lunch time.

And then let us know!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service