Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138352

Replies to This Discussion

"Stop Blaming OPEC For Low Prices: ... Why is it that we expect OPEC (...) to cut output in order to help out American oil producers? Saudi Arabia and its fellow OPEC producers have their own interests, and if they believe producing at a certain level is prudent, it is a bit curious to argue that they are “declaring war on U.S. shale.” But that is exactly what happened last year when they decided to leave their production levels unchanged. ..." (10-25-2015)

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/Stop-Blaming-OPEC-For-Low-Pri...

Did U.S. shale producers give a second thought to the conventional well (and coal) producers they closed down? It isn't "war", it's business.

I'm afraid "left wing radical government" is the only variety today available in America.  In the voting booth, it's tough to compete with Santa Claus.

Josie wrote:
"OPEC is made up of 11 Sovereign Nations, joined together to establish oil prices internationally in order to benefit their own interests. ... Do you see anyone there that gives a crap about America?"

Why would OPEC not care if one of their primary customers (collectively) had enout $$ to pay its fuel bills?  
----------------

"Effects of Removing Restrictions on U.S. Crude Oil Exports
EIA - September 1, 2015

Current laws and regulations allow for unlimited exports of petroleum products, but require licensing of crude oil exports. Exports of crude oil to Canada for use there are presumptively granted licenses, as are exports of crude oil from Alaska’s North Slope (ANS crude), re-exports of foreign-sourced crude, and certain exports from California. In addition, recent rulings by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) have clarified that condensate processed through a distillation tower is classified as a petroleum product and is therefore exportable without a license. ...Through the first five months of 2015, crude oil exports averaged 491,000 b/d. In addition, exports of processed condensate through the first five months of 2015 are estimated to have reached an average of 84,000 b/d.

Although the current policies outlined above are characterized by some as a crude oil export ban, crude oil exports have been rising steadily in recent years ... "
http://www.eia.gov/analysis/requests/crude-exports/
-----------------

Dirty coal-fired power plants have been causing environmental  danage for decades, before "climate change" was an issue.  If you want to blame the federal government for something, blame Congress for the fuel economy standards.

I used the term "shale producers", not your "American Oil".   It's shale gas - not shale oil - that's replacing coal to generate electricity in the U.S.

Josie, did you notice the Forbes disclaimer?
"Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own."

... or this from the Contributor's bio which accompanies his article:
"For over 20 years I have been a member of Sierra Club, Greenpeace, the NRDC, the Environmental Defense Fund and many others ..."

Shhh enough with copy/paste BS.  Provide your thoughts and move on...

Thanks, Josie   I read this almost every week, just to catch up and maybe learn a few things, and not just about our little corner. Keep posting ! Theresa :)

What I take exception to is the "war" hype.   Unless they do something terminally stupid, neither "side" is going to lose.   Worst case, they'll have to wait longer than they want to extract the oil profitably. 

It's ironic that a significant amount of Saudi Arabia's petro-dollars ends up in the U.S., in payment for military hardware.  Some examples:

"Between October 2010 and October 2014, Washington and Riyadh reached more than $90 billion in weapons deals, according to a report published in January by the Congressional Research Service."

"The Saudis reached a $29.4 billion deal with Washington in 2010 for the sale of 84 new F-15SA fighters and the upgrade of 70 older F-15S fighter jets."

"The United States also reached a separate $25.6 billion deal in October 2010 to send 36 AH-64D Apache attack helicopters, 72 UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters, 36 AH-6i light-attack helicopters, and 12 MD-530F light-turbine helicopters to the Saudis. The companies involved included Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Sikorsky Aircraft, MD Helicopters, General Electric and Longbow. Separately, another $5.5 billion in deals were reached to send Apache Longbow helicopters to the Saudi army and Royal Guard, the Congressional Research Service said."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/03/26/how-u-...

"It’s something of a tacit deal the U.S. and Saudi Arabia have had for decades: The U.S. buys oil from Saudi Arabia, and Saudi Arabia recycles that money back into the U.S. economy through the purchase of top-dollar U.S. military equipment."
http://www.ibtimes.com/saudi-arabia-white-house-visit-growing-milit...

Josie,
I doubt that Saudi Arabia would take the risk of cutting off their relationship with the U.S.  But it would be reasonable for them  to look at other options (Russia?) to add to their protection. 

Josie,  that proposal didn't fly (pun intended).  

"Plans scrapped for drilling waste in PA’s Grand Canyon"
https://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania/2015/08/31/pas-grand-canyo...
August 31, 2015

Josie,
Months ago, the DEP stopped sending (me) the Tioga County permit eNotices to which I'd subscribed.   Couldn't login to my account, but couldn't create a new account using my existing user name either.  So, today I went ahead and created a new account with another user name and email address.  Without the eNotices, I'd pretty much lost track of what was going on in TC permit-wise.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service