Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138352

Replies to This Discussion

We've been watching the Miller, which is up on Delmar Ridge, for months. Just completed fracking not long ago. 

Miller 394 - Delmar Twp. ?
http://www.ahs.dep.pa.gov/eFACTSWeb/searchResults_singleSite.aspx?S...

Can't seem to decide what they want to do here. There are drilling permits: 1V, 1H, 3H, 5H, 7H, 23H, and 25H. The Utica numbers are the most recent (2014).

There is no record of that number with DEP

Don't know if the number is valid, but here is a link to the DEP efacts page for the site;  It's in Delmar Twp. 

http://www.ahs.dep.pa.gov/eFACTSWeb/searchResults_singleAuth.aspx?A...
It's likely it is the property of the Whispering Pines Rod & Gun Club, in Cherry Flats.

The drilling permit application is the only DEP listing for Clean Energy Exploration & Production. The company has no website.  Landex shows that CE was assigned the lease by SWEPI.  (This was a 2006 lease to Jim Bourbeau Land Services.)  Interesting bit of trivia is that WPines leased the property to the Shell Oil Company in the 1970s.

There is a Facebook page for Whispering Pine Rod and Gun Club:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whispering-Pines-Rod-and-Gun-Club/51...

That's within a half mile of my house (I'm not aware of any Rod and Gun club there...maybe that's the owner's address?). But the Cherry Flats location ISN'T in Delmar Township.Did you find out any more about this?

If you notice in the link Ann provided, the well permit was received 12/22/15. Now maybe it's just coincidence, but after 4+ years of ignoring me, Shell suddenly wants to renew my lease (worse terms, of course).I know that much of the property between me and the location shown on that Facebook page is leased to someone other than Shell. If that really is the location of the well, maybe Shell isn't the only game in town anymore?

Hi, Paleface, Josie ,Lynn...the address I got off the link for CE (thanks, paleface) is

2620 Egypt Road, Norristown, Pa 19403...Contact person listed as Donald Neilson, Phone# (484) 831-1160

There isn't a plat map for Whispering Pines yet but you can access an interactive map from the DEP website that will show you the plat map when it becomes available. I looked up the latitude and longitude of Whispering pines, if you get on Google earth, you can look up your own address, then move to the WP latitude and longitude to see where they are in relation to your own address. The Whispering Pines latitude is 41 40 43.9392 and the longitude is 77 26 17.2176  Hope this helps, Theresa

That location is on Kennedyville Road, near the Harrison state park. There's been a well site on Kennedyville Road for several years...maybe this is another one? There have been a lot of water trucks going in that direction for a week or two.

If you look up Neilson on Landex you'll find a healthy variety of names associated with lands owned by this fellow. Quick look at assessment and these lands are not leased but owned by this guy. Owned many of them for years. My guess is this is a private operation. I've heard rumors of a developer from down around Philly (Norristown) who has refused to sign a lease with anyone and even tried or plans to try and drill his own well. You can drill anything you want if you've got the money, getting it to market is another story. 

The way gas is selling now I'd leave it in the ground. 

Because they'd have to give me the terms of my current lease. By signing a new lease, they can lower the royalty, extend the term to 10 years, take out the 'no deductions' clause...basically undo all the things I fought for in my current lease (they WILL give me the 'no surface disturbance' clause, which is important to me). My options are renew now with their terms (with a good-sized signing bonus), or let my lease expire and hope things improve (or see if they put me in the unit before my lease expires).

Well, I don't know. Do I take the money and run (giving up a better royalty if I ever do get in a unit), or hold out and hope they need my land enough to give me the royalty and terms I already have? I currently have 15% with no deductions; that would go to 12.5% with deductions with this new lease. That's assuming I ever get in a unit that is producing anything. Right now the lease money (only $1000/acre) looks like the better deal.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service