Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138323

Replies to This Discussion

The Watkins 820 unit is supposed to be the next Utica/TBR well after Neals to be drilled than Showalter 822.

If the Costanza sight is a existing Marcellus well pad its possible,but Idon't know that just guessing.There supposed to go down the ridge towards Middlebury along RT49. drilling the existing Marcellus pads.

Paleface,

I think Jim and I have the same question.  Are they extending (deeper) the existing Marcellus wells ? I thought those wells had production casing installed and a relatively small wellbore. Or are they simply using the existing Marcellus pad to drill a new well from the surface ?

Drilling new wells on the same pad.

Pad construction is a relatively cheap part of the costs of a deep, TBR/U well and there is still a lot of acreage that isn't HBP.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to construct new TBR/U pads in undeveloped areas so they could tie up more land ?

I think most of the land in that particular region is already HBP.  What IS happening at the Neil or Watkins pad right now?  Has rig arrived and started drilling?

I think there is still a decent amount of land not HBP.   In the other thread, Paleface said "Shell has its focus from RT249 north and west out to Westfield there trying to get those people signed"

According to the Baker Hughes Rig Count site (below) , there isn't a rig there yet.

http://gis.bakerhughesdirect.com/RigCounts/default2.aspx

Yeah Brian there drilling away at Neals.

Bluebird they are still testing the perimiters so it would make more sense to drill existing pads so if they don't hit the exspences are lower.just the way I see it.

If people are willing to (re)sign for $300/acre, the cost is trivial. 

Even at $2000/acre, the bonus was a small cost.  Say an average  Marcellus well covers 90 acres.  The bonus was 3.6% of a $5M well cost.

paleface, do you mean Costanzo....on Davis Hill Road?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service