Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138351

Replies to This Discussion

Guess I misspoke.  Mineral rights are what they want.  

Well I am not about to give up my mineral rights yet.

I really do not understand why anyone would want to give up and have to rip apart  the area that was passed down from ancestors after they worked so hard and scaraficed  so very much only to start over again.

Life and living is so much more then a big bank account.  But I don't supposed that many folks would or could understand. 

Granddadd Ladd

The plan as we were told by Travis Peake a year ago was to drill Painter well, which was  done.  Then the Abplanalp  pad was to be drilled. They called these unit  X, Y, Z.   Painter was X,  Abplanalp was called Z unit.   We are located between the two, (X and Z units).  And then sometime in the future, that unit, (Y unit), would be  drilled.

But I guess plans were changed, as often is, and  Eclipse  took over the Painter pad  and unit and drilled a second well a week or so ago. 

As it happens,  about 15 acres ( a small part of X unit) is my property.    So that means that (Y unit) will  take in the rest of my acreage.  So I presume that until a decision to develop  (Y unit),  my Royalties will come only from the Painter well, otherwise known as the (X unit). So I  have  property in two different drilling units!

At best it is a little difficult to  keep track in my feeble brain the boundry lines  separating my property  lines from the drilling unit lines.

Granddad Ladd

OT,

Is that 1200' spacing between wells in the unit? That seems higher than what has been traditionally done in my area of interest. I assume the larger interval require the "intense stim."?

In any case, it will be interesting to watch this area as it develops....thanks for the info.

Like I said before, these decisions about and between gas drillers change almost  daily.

I was unable to attend the meeting held at Westfield  a few weeks ago by the Eclipse outfit. The water pipeline laid down for Travis Peake  across our property has now been taken up.  I expect that a larger waterline will be in its place soon.

I just wonder how much of this information is just "FAKE NEWS". 

Don't intend to hold my breath at any rate.

Granddad Ladd

Very good information here  MO.  Thank you greatly!

Granddad Ladd

In regard to fake news.  I was referring  more to misinformation or misunderstanding of what  had been said.  No matter the situation, plans can be made and intentions honorable.  But then a situation can change at a moments notice and completely changing the planned operations. 

Granddad Ladd

Like I said, The wheeling and dealing between these gas drillers are going so fast an furious that we cannot keep track.

The Painter unit took in about 15 acres on the east side of our property.  Dad leased the Ladd property for storage many years ago. Then he died without mention about storage lease. Then my mother died leaving my sister as executor of her will. Before sister could take care of everything, she also died. My brother and I was then appointed as co executors.  My brother left it all up to me to hunt up everything necessary to  finally  settle the estate.   I was able to account all but $100.00 of the cash money left to us.  Then the storage lease check arrived and it was cashed. 

In order to be fair I wanted to have this storage lease divided up between my brother and me as he inherited part of the acreage. I applied for my share of the storage lease and tried to have my brother put in a claim for his share.  He refused to put in a claim and therefore locked up the entire lease payments, including mine.

I tried explaining that he was entitled a part of the storage lease payments.   Granted the payments were very small but every little bit helps.

I had all the paperwork done for my own claim and sent in.  Basicaly all he had to do was send in duplicates with his own name in place of mine

Brother said, "I don't know anything about a storage lease!"

Dominion finally gave up trying to get my brother to make his claim. But they did finally honor my own claim.

This all took place before any gas companies were interested in drilling in this area.

And when the landmen started showing up he wanted nothing to do with leasing the portion of the property that was his free and clear.

What a hassle it was trying to deal with him.

Granddad Ladd

I don't know the answer either  Mineral owner!  I did try to find out from Dominion just how deep they claimed their storage goes.  I was told, "To the center of the earth." 

Trying to find out any information from them is like pulling teeth from a chicken. 

From a private conversation, A question was asked "   How much gas  is lost from storage that was injected into an old well?"  

The answer was,  "No gas was ever lost. In fact more gas was recovered then was ever stored!"

Makes you wonder doesn't it!

Granddad  Ladd

Hi, guys! Wondering if someone can help me. I am only getting notified about 2x/month that there are posts on this thread. I opened up this morning expecting one, only to discover some 3 pages I had not been notified of. This thread is now so big and unwieldy (soon 150 pages, really??) That I hope we start a new one soon, but how do I manage to get notified when posts are made? I've been following this from the beginning. 

Good Morning Deb Reynolds,  Maybe some one could start  A "WHATS GOING ON IN YOUR AREA PART 2"  and not be quite so hard to handle for any of us.

Granddad Ladd

Sometimes I get notification of new posts to the group; sometimes I don't.  I just keep a "bookmark" in my email client, which I update periodically. 

Bye.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service