Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138323

Replies to This Discussion

Your right you never know if you don't try.

Middlebury and Chatham has never seen activity like is happening right now.Bumper to bumper Frac and water trucks on RT.249 the sand rail cars are lined up from Middlebury to Wellsboro.There working 24hours a day right through Christmas and the Holidays.They are jumping from pad to pad drilling and fracturing.

With gas prices high right now and Shell having a limited number of wells/permits in those townships, it's as good a time as any to get whatever wells they want to put into production completed. I'd guess that they have close to 20 wells total in those two townships, and may want to complete any horizontal wells they can while the gas price spikes. The vertical wells will certainly be left alone, however - there's no way to make money completing those. Hopefully this will be a Merry Christmas for everyone in that area who has been waiting to see what their well might be able to produce.  

Jack I don't know how many there gonna try to put into production,but there is 34 unconventional permitted wells in Middlebury and 59 in Chatham to date according to Marcellus gas .org

Far fewer wells have actually been drilled, and many of them are just vertical wells that are there solely to hold acreage. The economics in that area aren't suitable for drilling new Marcellus wells. I would predict that the only wells that get completed over the next year will be the horizontal Marcellus wells that are already drilled and any additional Utica tests that may get funded. Once you spend the money drilling a well, the incremental cost of completing it may be justified even if the expected revenues are too low to generate a profit on the well when fully costed. 

Let's wait 6 months and see what happens. Any activity in the Marcellus up there will be a pleasant surprise, and a nice way to end 2013 and start 2014.  

Jack there drilling deep wells,very few Marcellus.

The existing wells that could be hydrofractured over the holidays are almost all Marcellus wells. You said the roads are full of frac trucks right now, and you can't complete a well that's been permitted and nothing more. So if the completion activity is as busy as you said, with rigs jumping from pad to pad, what they're getting must be almost exclusively from the Marcellus. Things may be different in the future, of course, if the Utica proves to be economic in that area. But for now Shell is stuck with the wells they've already drilled, and they are almost exclusively Marcellus wells.

They just brought another rig in to re do Cummings wasen't drilled right by East have to redrill it.

Jack, Shall we do a shallow oil come springtime ? :)

Sure, as long as you're OK with moving it to a county with enough oil to make it a better bet!

The five million dollar experiment.............

Shell has just started drilling the 3rd well on The Sharrett Well pad located in Clymer Township........This is a Trenton Black River well based upon the permit application drilling to a total depth of 12100' + with a 5000' horizontal lateral.

From what I understand the first 2 wells on Pad were Home Runs....hopefully this will be a grand slam.

Shell already has permits in place to bring gathering line with a metering station as well just recorded on Landex.

This TBR well could be a game changer or a flop time will tell, however first 2 wells are heavy hitters............keep your fingers crossed............

The recent test wells in the Clymer/Chatham/Middlebury area have all been Utica tests, but as the base of the Utica is the top of the Trenton the permit applications often list the Trenton as the deepest formation to be tested. The Marcellus hasn't been very good in that area, and I suspect that Shell would have pulled out if they hadn't found something in the Utica when they went deeper. These Utica test wells will probably cost about $20M each. No reason not to be optimistic, but it doesn't matter what we think, of course.     

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service