Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138323

Replies to This Discussion

Jim have you driven past the Neal pad it looks like a NASA project.

Jim you should go take a look at the Neal pad there is a new fracturing process to the area being done there.

Josie:  Ref the urls included in comments.  GMS includes "nofollow" in the html source.  So, the bots won't "count" the address as a link from GMS in their rankings.   

yep-- started the web page over-- LOL--  didn't get to that "filler" yet... I'm in mansfield sheets LOL  my agenda?  work for the working man and get past the "gas is good" bullshit--  remember when news was just dull facts?  not all pro/con propaganda? 

yea- I do love those who hate what I post.. know why?  going with the Flow-- is what makes for "followers".  If you don't piss off a lobbyist-- odds are your a servant :) 

Shoot me a line-- I'll buy you a coffee.   

That is pretty old news and kind of general for the whole eastern region.  Glad I didn't have to stay up Monday for it.

Jack what area or region are they cutting jobs in ? I would not believe its Middlebury,Chatham or Clymer besides Shell uses private contractors to do there work there not cutting there jobs.There is new companys here working on a pretty steady basis.My point is Shell is not doing the work private contractors are.

That's what could make Monday's news interesting. I've heard several things about their plans for 2014 that I really can't post since it could get traced back to a particular party or contractor, but once the layoffs are announced and the positions formally restructured we'll know more. Shell operates with a style of management that is typical for companies like it, and if you understand that system what they do can be revealing. For instance, if the person responsible for the Utica in western PA and Ohio was let go, you could assume that whoever replaced them was likely to be more of a caretaker. Staffing for the land department often reflects leasing plans for the next couple years, and the ratio of exploration to development personel can give similar clues to drilling plans. I'm still pretty optimistic about Tioga County, however - I have a feeling that whatever happens, the news for this area will be better than for most places where Shell has leases or legacy acreage.

In 06 when talking to the Head Landman at ANADARKO, he indicated to me that they take leases and work backwards. So, in some ways, it makes sense to me that they have about two to three years left on the early leases that they have to get into production on.

So there is still hope for those of us in Tioga Co. who were leased then forgotten? I haven't heard a word from Shell since I was leased over 2 years ago.

Absolutely - Paleface is right about the guys on the ground. The cutbacks I'm highlighting are managerial and professional staff, and aren't about what's happening right now, but what's expected to happen over the next couple years. This shouldn't impact the current drilling and completion work under way in those townships.

So, Jack are you affirming my assessment that, in the next two to three years, the G&O companies that leased in 05-06 and got the 5 and 5 leases from many of the early lessors will start to see activity?

Hi, Josie,

Thanks, I check this  a lot and am surprised how it's taken off...I don't pretend to understand all the info but am very happy about it. Seems a lot of people are still looking for info on our county. I'm hoping this has helped other people too. Thanks again for the good wishes and I hope your New Year is happy, healthy and prosperous !   Theresa

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service