Is anyone in the group knowledgeable about current events, particularly near Overbrook Road?  What type of unitization is in process for what well?

Views: 45430

Replies to This Discussion

FMV,

The Fritz well permits were issued, but I don't know why XTO decided not to drill there. It might have something to do with the deviated well permit they applied for on the 1H lateral.

Attachments:

FMV,

Did you see my other post on info I shared on REX rep comments regarding their interest in Middlesex?  I tried to PM you.  Where is your land, how many acres? He mentioned some wells south of Overbrook, but not by name, might be part of new or added to existing, stated not if but when..on seeing royalties. Said dry gas been successful.  I'm repeating myself here. Offer was like you mentioned above. I gather plans for development to be of serious intent.

Apparently many neighbors already signed with another company several years ago for maybe far less. 

Sorry RB, I had to think about the south of Overbrook part a little bit.

To the best of my knowledge the only well Rex has in Middlesex at the moment is the Reno. Kennedy is in the permitting process. As I mentioned above, I believe Rex's next moves will be along the pipeline axis between Reno and Kennedy. I am not aware of any other Co w/any permits in Middlesex.

I believe you are correct in that a lot of land south was leased to XTO and Phillips around 2010 for maybe 2000 - 2500. Rex may be trying to put together enough other property and some that XTO recently transferred to Rex to put some units together.

Plans for development are indeed of serious intent IMHO.

As I have said before I believe the next 1-3 yrs to be very active in Middlesex.

Royalties will be there - exactly when ????

I stand by my comments in the earlier post  about the offer. Not bad but could be a bit better.  Worth waiting a year or two for an extra 500 - your call.

Rex is due to put out another quarterly presentation to shareholders and Wall Street sometime this month. May be some direction there about short term plans.

We shall see.

Pipelines ? I have been trying to keep an eye on where they are or soon will be. I believe they are a good indicator as to where the next action will be, as I noted on an earlier post.

Oliver, do you know the process for pipelines. Are they permitted through the DEP like the wells?

There is an AT&T transcontinental cable ROW that crosses northern Middlesex . Don't know if it is still in use given the wireless revolution and all. Maybe if it has been converted to fiber optics.  Anyway the ROW is still there and would be perfect for a pipeline.

I only mention this because I noticed some surveyor's flagging exactly where it crosses Old Rt 8 near the Twp line. Could not see if it was staked out along the line. I don't like to go wandering around other peoples property. May be some other reason for the flagging but it could be for a pipeline. We shall see.

The pipelines are permitted through the DEP. You can follow the permitting process with e-notice, where the DEP sends you an email for any permit activity in any township or county specified by you. Here is the link to sign up, it's a free service.

http://www.ahs.dep.pa.gov/eNOTICEWeb/

Thank you again Oliver.

I signed up as you suggested and we shall see.

Few  questions for anyone that may know.

Is there really a difference between "pipelines" and  "gathering lines" as they call them?

Other the the DEP does anything have to be filed w/the townships or municipality's that they pass through. Zoning laws maybe ??

Compressor stations - how many are needed per mile or whatever?

Will or do different Co's share lines if it would seem to make sense ?

I believe that the pipelines, compressor stations etc. are going to have the greatest impact on the general area . Well pads not so much - drill it - frack it -and then its pretty quiet.

Retention ponds - done correctly - maybe no problem - just need one to screw up and ya got problems.

IMHO - gotta be really careful signing a surface lease. Too many things that can happen over time., We are just at the tip of the iceberg - 5-10 yrs - pads and a spider web of pipelines I see.

Landowners, doo your homework, know exactly what you are signing.

I will update you soon. Sorry 4 dupe. WiFi notebook and me issues!

He said Rex very interested in Middlesex. Has signed 50% of Twp. It has been good for the dry gas. We could be added to existing unit or part of new. 2 wells south of us' but I don't know where exactly. Would have to be between Twp line and rt 28 east there of rt 8. Royalties were not a matter of "if" but "when".

RB,

FMV is correct, the only well in Middlesex Twp. is the Reno. XTO had permits to drill at the Kennedy site but never did. Now REX has leased the Kennedy site and they were recently issued 1H & 2H well permits. I attached the permit report for Middlesex which shows all permits issued from January 2010 to present.   

I would recommend you sign up to the e-notice site I posted above to keep track of the permits being issued in your area. 

Don't rely too much on what the rep from REX says. They have been known to stretch the truth somewhat. Check and verify everything he tells you.

Attachments:

Heard that there is activity at the Kennedy site. Pad work I would assume. Will take a look for myself as I get a chance.

Yes indeed - big time dirt movin. Big sign "kennedy pad" .  

On Sheldon Rd just about the intersection w/McFann.

REX certainly is not wasting any time getting this site in gear. It has been on the fast track from the start of the permitting process.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service