Will there be a resurgence of Land Groups in the wake of Gascos like Rex being too weak to re-pay signing bonuses to extend leases?

In my neck of the woods , Rex holds most leases and isn't extending as they expire.
Hmmm....could be an opportunity to regroup and prepare for future assaults on our minerals.
If anyone knows of any land groups forming in Southern Lawrence County PA , please pass it on!

Views: 1922

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Initially , I thought anyone leased by Shell would be in great shape once the cracker was built. Then the huge curve ball was tossed in the form of selling out all drilling rights to Rex. All the while , Shell plods along at the cracker site.......
I sincerely wish someone from the industry would come clean and fill us in!

With ALOV lease nearing their renewal date (and possible expiration) I was wondering how landowners who leased with other companies would view renewing with the company they had chosen to deal with on the first go around.

A question for those landowners who hold a lease with Rex Energy.....

If Rex Energy were able to raise enough capital to pay landowners to renew their leases would you want them to renew your lease?................and why or why not?

If you had a lease with Rex Energy that expired recently would you agree to a renewal if they came to you and said they now have the money to pay for the extension?

Rex inherited the option to extend @ the same terms for 5 years. The ball is in THEIR court. Of course I would be happy to extend under the same terms.

Our lease has a provision for auto renewal for an additional five (5) yrs upon re-payment of the signing bonus. We don't have the option to cancel if they choose to renew.

I would be happy to extend the lease for another 5 years under the terms of the original contract. 

But that's not going to happen. They will let the current lease expire and then low ball.

Depends on the area, no companies is gonna spend money on shit land right now. We now now in the 50+ mmcfpd world.

To join a Land Group in Lawrence County, Pa call Lana 724-535-3040. She is gathering landowners.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service