The English language is sometimes very confusing.  What seems innocent to one person is totally inappropriate to another.  Take the word, "There."  Their,  They're. Easy to confuse the meanings of each spelling of this word.     These chat groups are taking great care as to what is being posted.     Any comments?        Granddad Ladd 

Views: 1663

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

One day your Grandchildren will ask you, Granddaddy Ralph, We'd like to visit the finger lakes area.  To swim and go fishing in the beautiful finger lakes area.  But now there are only large pipeline right of ways and pipes sticking up all over the area.  What happened to the beautiful fields of vineyards and acres of nurseries that grew beautiful flowers and trees. Where are the apple and cherry orchards  where you could buy a basket of fresh fruit?'

Ralph if you were truthful, you would tell your grandchildren that the oil and gas industry discovered deposits of oil and gas deposits in the earth underneath of New York State.  And the drillers were not careful enough and the did not care if they destroyed the beautiful lakes for the next generation. Many people who live in NEW YORK STATE want to protect their beautiful state. 

Ralph, you only want to spread your garbage on this site instead of  reading what is being said and understanding what is being said.  I was hoping that you could open your mind a little to the fact that these were only OBSERVATIONS from New York state residents.

Have a great day

Granddad Ladd

I stand with the Democrats , lets ban fracking in PA and NY ....... 

I don't care if my kids/grandkids go cold and hungry just as long as fracking is banned . 

Shut down those pipes in PA that transport that fracked gas .......... 

Ban gasoline driven cars as well as that is mostly a result of fracking as well ... Windmills everywhere , no more gas power plants .....

No more fertilizers for crops !!!! That fertilizer is mostly made from Nat Gas ...... 

Ban Plastic ! Ban cars / trucks ,,, even horses that crap in our waterways and foul our wells .... No more cattle as they emit tons of carbon ................. But most of all lets ban Nat Gas in PA ... Those folks in PA are fouling our Country while they reap enormous profits ..............  

And now we can all see where Ralph is coming from. A jealous person who feels left out of what he thinks is are great riches bestowed on the state of Pennsylvania,  He apparently cares nothing about future generations......not even his own kids and grandchildren. 

Well so be it!  So now Ralph I will say Good bye and good luck. Do not let the door slap you in the butt as you leave.

Granddad Ladd

I have been observing people for many years.  Many of them are fairly intelligent.  Some are very narrow minded and although they mean well, they are really off base. They simply grew up learning how to close their  "God given powers"  to do a little thinking on their own.   The trouble is when they find out there are other options to look at and they might be wrong, they fall flat on their face!  

They simply are following what seemed to work for their parents. Each generation has its own problems to solve...…..in other words, a whole new ball game! An intelligent person will understand this fact.  And then use whatever he has been taught and has at hand! An intelligent person will ask questions of other folks to see if maybe a better solution can be found.

For instance:

A contractor watches other contractors on a building job.  He discovers that this one contractor has a better and SAFER  way to do something. A way that will not destroy some other important feature.   So only an imbecile will refuse to ask questions about, or try to "see" a way to solve the problem.

Gomarcellusshale  site was created to  help folks understand what gas drilling and fracking was all about for landowners and interested folks.

Granddad Ladd

Turd Burds  do not know how to read and ask questions.  JUST AN OBSERVATION OF MINE!

Seem to be doing  lot of rambling lately Mr Ladd .... 

They might have some meds for your condition ..........

Bashing me is not going to get your cause across to the folks that will help you.  If anything, you need to prove your position that I approve banning fracking in New York State.

But you have posted, That you "do not care if your kids/grandchildren go hungry and  cold as long as fracking is banned!"

How can anyone put their own offspring at risk just to be able to make such a statement on a public informational group like you just did on Monday?

No matter what amount of bashing of me that you do, fracking is going to continue.  Fracking in a safe and approved way is how it needs to be done!  If  is done in a sloppy and careless way then the drilling company responsible for that particular well must be held liable!

Bashing me or anyone else is not the purpose of this thread.  Observations of life and living and the problems we all are faced with from time to time and how they were dealt with is the main purpose.  

When we are born, all of us have to accept the conditions we are faced with. As  we learn and grow up, we discover that we can make changes the will make things easier for us as individuals. 

We also learn that there are other folks who are only interested in their own particular and personal situation.  And often many large groups of  people suffer greatly from the choices these individuals have made.

A good leader will be careful while making important choices that affect others.   It does not matter what political party they belong to! 

A great leader will be respected for his choices and also show respect for the opinions of others. It does nothing to bash anyone or call them names.  Calling them nasty names will only cause anger and lower the respect for that leader!

Granddad Ladd

OBSERVATIONS OF THE NATURAL WORLD

I look every spring for the first birds to appear. Usually I can hear them a few days before they come into view.  Phoebe birds nested every spring over our back door. Wrens came to nest too. One day I discovered wrens had decided to build their nest in my overalls. I had to discourage their nest building activities. Grandchildren talked about this nest building for many days afterward.

Hundreds of red winged blackbirds could often be seen raising their offspring in the hayfields.  Many's the time I have to stop to find the nest I had cut down, find the young birds and return them to their nest and set it back up upright. A few days later they had learn to fly and were no longer in danger of haymaking machines,

Their parents feasted on the insects in the hayfield.

No barn swallows or bluebirds nested here in the farm buildings or bird houses put up for them this year.

No honeybees. and only a few bumble bees working the flowers this year.  No butterflies fluttering during the day or even moths after dark.

What became of them?  How can I explain to my offspring what happened to these wonderful additions to the joys of living?

I will have to tell them, "Well kids, Many previous generations to yours were very short sighted  in their rush to gobble up huge amounts of dollar bills! Greedy people do not care about their future offspring or even caring about the hardships earlier generations went through to leave better conditions for their descendants!"

Granddad Ladd

Wow! California is having serious problems with their electrical systems. Seems like inspections and proper maintenance were lacking. And now thousands of homes and property are being destroyed by fire that apparently were started by electrical components that were not looked at and corrected.

Fracking and drilling operations that are sloppy done can go out of control very easily. 

Granddad Ladd

Observations about life and living.

Life is a series of solving problems! And if all of the problems are solved, there would be no reason or need for life to continue!

Many years ago the thought came to me that the process of all life depends on a couple of important facts. Proper shelter is important for many specie.  Especially human beings! Proper food is another important fact and there are many others too.

Without solving all of these things, there cannot be life. And if all the problems are solved, there would be no reason for life to continue.

The gas and oil industry depends on solving so many of the human specie's and other specie's problems too.  

Sad to say some folks do not seem to care about the survival of the lesser intelligent animals or plants.  They cannot see past fattening their bank accounts!  

Humans have a long way to go if they can really consider themselves anything more then just a minor level of just might be in the future of creation!

Granddad Ladd

OBSERVATION FOR TODAY

Keeping a closed mind will only result in slowing or even stopping the process of acquiring the lifestyle human beings want.

For example if the transistor had not been invented in 1946,  we would not be able to communicate as easily and as fast as we do right this minute!  

Each day someone has an idea that will improve gas and oil production!  That idea will be mulled over in many people's mind and  then be tried to see if it actually works. Sometimes it does not work and has to be discarded or maybe "TWEAKED" a little  to produced desired results.

Sometimes a huge failure occurs causing much damage in an area.  No one wants that to take place! But it does happen in spite of all of the foreseeable safeguards being put into place!

WE must keep an open mind for new ideas!

Granddad Ladd

RSS

Local Groups

Latest Activity

farmgas replied to Richard Jefferson's discussion 'Ron Hale'
10 minutes ago
Ron Hale replied to Richard Jefferson's discussion 'Ron Hale'
36 minutes ago
Richard Jefferson replied to Richard Jefferson's discussion 'Ron Hale'
1 hour ago
Dan replied to Richard Jefferson's discussion 'Ron Hale'
1 hour ago