Mr Trump has declared " A STATE OF EMERGENCY!"

Just a few weeks ago he commented that he was really not concerned about the "Coronavirus". And then yesterday late in the day he declared "a state of emergency "  I ask you what has changed?  Seems like he wanted to cut millions of dollars from health care. Now all of a sudden he appears to have open the flood gates (in a way of speaking) to provide research for vaccine for Coronavirus. Lately all the news channels have spent most of their time giving reports from around the globe about the possibility of a "PANDEMIC" caused by Coronavirus. Is he just looking for votes for the next election or maybe really scared about something else?   I don't know. Certainly the country is in an "UPROAR" now. All of Pennsylvania schools are closed. And so many of our normal daily activities are curtailed. 

I recall my father receiving a phone call one Sunday. He worked for the telephone company.  Hurriedly he spoke to my mother, "I've got to go to work. Don't know when I will be back!" And out the door he went. About that time the radio came on with a special report. President Roosevelt came on and said "PEARL HARBOR HAS BEEN ATTACKED!" I was only 7 years old at the time. And I knew nothing much about what was being said. 

But this announcement yesterday by Trump has brought back vivid memories of those war years. Mainly rationing of many items and school attendance time being adjusted to allow older kids to take the place of their adult siblings on the farms. 

How do you think this "State of emergency will play out?

Granddad Ladd

Views: 1970

Replies to This Discussion

FRANKFURT, March 30 (Reuters) - Germany’s energy transition has proved too costly and underestimated the risks to supply, a federal audit office report seen by Reuters has found.

Reforms are needed to state taxes and fees to fix a system that has left Germany with Europe’s highest retail electricity prices and at risk of grid blackouts, the as-yet unpublished report said.

Pres Biden wants the US to become energy 'green' ....Meanwhile Germany has the HIGHEST electric rate in Europe .........Windmills abound in Germany ,,, the grid is unreliable and its economy suffers due to 'green energy '''''

Thank you Ralph for this information. Glad to finally see something constructive from you.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              As far as the windmills, (Wind turbines) are concerned, I suspect that they are likely to be a dangerous source of electric power.  And I agree with you that with no wind blowing, a wind turbine cannot produce anything!        Keeping in mind, that many human projects in past decades  have cost hundreds of millions of dollars and even more lives, have turned out to be absolutely worthless. Furthermore these projects were scrapped long before they could be put into operation.  At first I thought they might be a worthwhile endeavor. But after considering some of the negative aspects of them, maybe they should be put aside as a poor alternative for producing electric power.                                                                                                                                     A question for you.  In your opinion what should the world's population harness for electric power?                                                                                                                                                 Granddad Ladd

Folks who tend to dwell on only one thought and purpose of  provoking others to unfounded anger,  need to visit  a mental hospital for an evaluation.   Life is too short and precious to waste your time and intelligence for such purposes!    

RSS

© 2021   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service