Old thread much too long to follow. 

GRANDDADD LADD

Views: 5727

Replies to This Discussion

i8 wheelers with steel boxes have been traveling on the area roads. Other tanker trucks with nipples along the bottom are traveling in the area too. I have no idea what these particular tankers are hauling. Fracking fluid perhaps? Two or three have been observed heading to Painter well from time to time. Tri axles dump trucks can by seen most anytime.  And lots of white pickup trucks from time to time.

Excitement is rising at least for me. Hopefully everything turns out to be a huge successful venture for all of us in that unit!!

Granddad Ladd

Nice to have a little positive news today OT. Lu Ann had a bit of a health episode and went to the hospital. Hopefully she comes back home Thursday (Today)…..

My son celebrated his 33 birthday yesterday. LU had planned a little celebration. Too much excitement I guess. 

So I likely will not be able to spend much time counting sand box trucks. But I do hear them struggling to get up the hill

Granddad Ladd

best wishes, Bill

Thank you Old Timer.  I just found out She has to be transferred to another hospital for additional treatment. 

Granddad Ladd

we will be thinking of you over here. take care.

Lu seems upbeat this morning. Before we finished conversation, they were ready to wheel her out for tests.

A problem here at home! A very large hickory tree fell over. tree is close to two feet in diameter and maybe sixty feet tall. Came within about 15 feet from corner of house.. But top is right up against our outdoor furnace.  Somehow I have got to get top limbs away from furnace before leaves get too dry.  Lots of hickory nuts on ground ready for drying and snacking on!  Lots of great firewood if I can manage to get it worked up

Granddad Ladd

A very large pumping noise is issuing from the Painter Well site.  Have not heard it before this morning. I wonder if these well bores have sections that have to be fracked one at a time? Or are there plugs that need to be bored out one at a time and sections fracked at a time.

Another question I have is how do they  steer the drilling point around curves or where they want it to go?

The mechanics it is just as interesting to me as all the other phases and considerations  are. 

Just a curious old man

Grandad Ladd

they do frack in what is called stages and plug as they back out of each stage. i believe Eclipse is using about 200' stage spacing. the plugs will then be drilled out in final step to allow the well pressure to flow to the surface were water and some sand will be separated. if you do a google search on steerable drill assemblies for oil and gas you'll get more than enough descriptions of the various designs and how they work. at least 'ol hickory didn't do to much havoc.

looks like Tetra is refilling impoundment periodicaly as well as pumping to Ppad. the level dropped than came back up last night. they are manning river withdrawl sites, midway station, tank pad and impoundment 24/7. 

A Tetra crew was at the river withdrawal site last evening about 6:00 Pm.  Cant miss seeing them with their bright blue coveralls!  Rain all night so plenty of water should be available for replacing impoundment supply!  And Lu Ann is back from hospital stay. She has to be careful now!

Granddad Ladd

that sounds like good news on the home front. Tetra is moving water in all directions and the impoundment is full. i can hear the pumps changing depending on direction of flow. yesterday we could see alot of RED on the Ppad. Haliburton red.

recieved certified letter past week informing Eclipse intent to drill within 3000' of water source. testing to follow.

RSS

Local Groups

Blog Posts

US Greenhouse Emissions Lowest Per Capita Since 1950, Thanks to Fracking

Posted by Thomas J Shepstone on November 14, 2018 at 11:44am 1 Comment

You won’t find “fracking” in this story but it’s why the US has been able to shift from coal to natural gas with much lower greenhouse gas emissions.

According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), U.S.…

Continue

© 2018   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service